Research Interests Oral care interventions in critically ill adults
- Munro CL, Grap MJ, Carter WH, Sessler C. Oral Care Intervention in Mechanically Ventilated Adults. Funded by NIH National Institute of Nursing Research R01 NR07652, $2,874,289 direct costs ($4,256,748 total costs). 04/01/01 – 06/30/12. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00234598 and NCT00893763.
- Grap MJ, Munro CL, Schubert C, Wetzel PA. Effect of Backrest Elevation on Skin Integrity in the Critically Ill. Funded by NIH National Institute of Nursing Research, R01 NR01038, direct costs $1,005,736 ($1,453,175 total costs). 09/29/2009 – 07/31/2012.
- Pickler RH, Elswick RK, Grap MJ, Lyon D, McCain N, Munro CL. NINR Center of Excellence for Biobehavioral Approaches to Symptom Management. Funded by NIH National Institute of Nursing Research P30 NR011403, direct cost $1,384,105 ($2,062,316 total cost). 09/29/09 – 07/31/12. Role: Biobehavioral Measurement Core Director.
- Xu P, Kitten T, Munro CL Regulation of Fitness and Virulence in Oral Streptococci. Funded by NIH National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research R01DE018138, $1,125,000 direct costs, 01/01/08 - 12/31/12.
- Callahan JE, Munro CL, Kitten T. The Streptococcus sanguinis Competence Regulon Is Not Required for Infective Endocarditis Virulence in a Rabbit Model. PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e26403. PubMed PMID: 22039480; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3198404.
- Jones DJ, Munro CL, Grap MJ. Natural history of dental plaque accumulation in mechanically ventilated adults: A descriptive correlational study. Intensive and Critical Care Nursing. 2011;27(6):299-304. PubMed PMID: 22014582.
- Grap MJ, Munro CL, Hamilton VA, Elswick RK Jr, Sessler CN, Ward KR. Early, single chlorhexidine application reduces ventilator-associated pneumonia in trauma patients. Heart and Lung: The Journal of Acute and Critical Care. 2011 Sep-Oct;40(5):e115-22. Epub 2011 Mar 16. PubMed PMID: 21411151.
- Lyon D, Walter J, Munro CL, Schubert CM, McCain NL. Challenges in interpreting cytokine biomarkers in biobehavioral research: a breast cancer exemplar. Biological Research for Nursing. 2011 Jan;13(1):25-31. PubMed PMID: 21199813.
- Grap MJ, Munro CL, Unoki T, Hamilton VA, Ward KR. Ventilator Associated Pneumonia: The Potential Critical Role of Emergency Medicine in Prevention, The Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2010 Aug 6. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 20692786.
- RN, Florida and Virginia
- ANP, credentialed since 1998 by American Nurses Credentialing Center, Florida and Virginia
- PhD, 1992, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
- ANP, 1997, School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
- MS, 1984, College of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE.
- BSN, 1983, Millersville University of Pennsylvania, Millersville, PA.
- Diploma Professional Nursing, 1976, York Hospital School of Nursing, York, PA.