Voicemail:(813) 974- 9188
- Quality of Life at End of Life
- NIH/NINR R01 (PI): Caregivers of Cancer Pain Patients: Coping Intervention
- NIH/NINR R01 (PI): Systematic Assessment to Improve Hospice Outcomes
- Stark, L., Tofthagen, C., Garrison, C., & McMillan, S.C. (2012). The Symptom Experience of Patients with Cancer. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Care, 14(1), 61-70.
- Garrison, C. Overcash, J. & McMillan, S.C. (2011). Predictors of Quality of Life in Elderly Hospice Patients with Cancer. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing, 13(5), 288-297.
- Tofthagen, C., McMillan, S.C. & Kip, K. (2011). Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy Assessment Tool. Cancer Nursing 34, (4), (electronic version).
- McMillan, S.C., Small, B.J, & Haley, W.E. (2011). Improving Hospice Outcomes through Systematic Assessment: A Clinical Trial. Cancer Nursing, 34 (2), 89-97.
- Morgan, M.A. & McMillan, S.C. (2011). Cancer Patients with Pain: The Spouse/Partner Relationship and Quality of Life. Cancer Nursing. Vol 34(1), 13-23.
- Tofthagen, C., McAllister, R. D. & McMillan, S.C. (2011). Peripheral Neuropathy in Colon Cancer Patients Receiving Oxaliplatin. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing 15(2), 1-7.
- McMillan, S.C., Small, B.J., Weitzner, M., Schonwetter, R., Tittle, M., Moody, L. & Haley, W.E. (2004 submitted). Impact of Coping Skills Intervention with Family Caregivers of Hospice Patients with Cancer: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA.
- McMillan, S.C., & Weitzner, M. A. (2003). Methodological issues in collecting data from debilitated patients near the end of life. Oncology Nursing Forum, 30(1), 123-129.
- McMillan, S.C., & Small, B. (2002). Symptom distress and quality of life in hospice patients with cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, 29(10), 1421-1428.
- BS (Behavioral Sciences), Tift College, Forsyth, GA.
- M.Ed. (Adult Education), University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- MS (Nursing), University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa, FL
- BS (Nursing), The University of the State of New York, Albany, NY
- PhD (Measurement), University of South Florida, College of Nursing, Tampa, FL