Voicemail:(813) 974- 9147
- Psychoneuroimmuniology and Breast Cancer, Complementary/alternative therapies
- Health Promotion, Role Strain, Women's Health, Role Socialization, Outcome research, and Asthma education
- Research on Instrument Development/Testing
- Dr. Lengacher's MBSR Research Study at the College of Nursing - Click here
- Dr. Lengacher MBSR Research Study in the Journal of Psychological, Social and Behavioral Dimensions of Cancer. It was in the 10 most downloaded articles published in 2009-2010.- Click here
Funded Research and Project grants
- MBSR Breast Cancer Symptom Cluster Trial, National Cancer Institute: R01, PA -07-070 Grant 1 R01 CA131080-01A2 Principal Investigator: Cecile A. Lengacher, Co-investigators: K. Kip, T. Klein, P. Jacobsen, V. Mallard-Johnson, M. Schell, R. Widen., Funded February 1, 2009 -2014
- Administrative Supplement for Sleep Studies of Intervention for Cancer Survivors to MBSR Breast Cancer Symptom Cluster Trial, National Cancer Institute: R01, PA -07-070 Grant 1 R01 CA131080-02S1. Principal Investigator: Cecile A. Lengacher, Co-investigator: R. Reich, Funded Sept 2010-Sept 2011
- Telomeres in Breast Cancer Survivors. Established Researcher Grant. Principal Investigator: Cecile A. Lengacher, Co-investigators: K Kip, J Park and H. Park. University of South Florida Office of Sponsored Research funded
- A Pilot Program to Personalize Care by Integrating Traditional and Complementary Medicine for Women with Recurrent Ovarian Cancer. Principal Investigators R. Wenham, Co-investigators: .C. Lengacher and K. Donovan. Funded September 2009-August 2010
- Administrative Supplement for Economic Impact Studies of Intervention for Cancer Survivors NOT-CA-09-023 to MBSR Breast Cancer Symptom Cluster Trial, National Cancer Institute: R01, PA -07-070 Grant 1 R01 CA131080-01A2. Principal Investigator: Cecile A. Lengacher, Co-investigators: K. Kip, R. Reich, B. Craig, Jong Park and E. Pracht. Funded September 2009
- Lengacher, C. A., Kip, E. K., Barta, M., Post-White, J., Jacobsen, P., Groer, M., Lehman, B., Moscoso, M., Kadel, R., Le, N., Loftus, L., Stevens, C., Malafa, M. & Shelton, M. M. (2012). A pilot study evaluating the effect of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction on psychological status, physical status, salivary cortisol, and interleukin-6 among advanced-stage cancer patients and their caregivers. Journal of Holistic Nursing 2012; March 28.
- Lengacher, C. A., Shelton, M. M., Barta, M. K., and Llauget, R.(2009). MBSR-C pilot study for advanced stage cancer patients and their family caregivers. Psycho-Oncology18:S68.
- Lengacher, C.A, .Johnson-Mallard, V, Post-White, J, Moscoso, M., Jacobsen, P., Klein, t, Widen, R., Fitzgerald, S., Molinari, M., Barta, M. & Cox, C.E Kip, K. (2009). Randomized controlled trial of mindfulness-based stress reduction(MBSR) for survivors of breast cancer. Psycho-oncology (www.interscience.wiley.com). DOI: 10.1002/pon.1529.
Lengacher, C.A., Bennett, M.P., Gilvary, D., Gonzalez, L. Cox C., Cantor, A. Jacobsen, P Yang, Chiu & Djeu, J. (2008). Immune responses to guided imagery during breast cancer treatment. Biological Research for Nursing 9(3),205-214.
- Yang, Chiu-Yueh, Lengacher, C.A., Beckstead, J.W. & Shiau, S. (2008). The women’s role strain inventory: A Chinese translation and psychometric analysis for Taiwanese women. International Journal of Nursing Studies,45,85-94..
- Lengacher,C.A, Bennett, M, Choe,R, Gonzalez, L , Jacobsen,P, Gilvary,D Cox,C.E Chiu Yang, ,Molinari, M, & Djeu, J. Distress, Control, Health Behaviors and Immune Responses to Relaxation-Guided Imagery in Breast Cancer Patients. Brain, behavior and immunity, Vol. 22, (4) 2008.
- BS (Nursing), 1964, University of Wisconsin-Madision, Madison, WI
- MS (Nursing), 1971, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- PhD, 1983, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI