- Occupational Health Nursing
- Adult Obesity
- Horah 4 Health Replication Project
- College of Nursing Faculty Grant (PI): Impact of Occupational Stress in Army Personnel
- NIOSH (Co-I): Occupational Health Nursing
- Hewitt, M., Long, M. C., & Burns, C. (2000). Should wellness instruction be included within teacher preparation curricula: A comparison study of health values between nursing and elementary education students upon entry and at completion of their upper level program. Journal of Health Physical Education, Recreation, And Dance, 38(1), 42-45.
- Lowry, L., Burns, C., Jacobson, H., & Smith, A. (2000). Compete or complement: An interdisciplinary approach to training health professionals. Nursing and health Care Perspectives.
- Burns, C., Jacobson, H., Smith, A., Reed, C., Westhoff, W., & Hyer, K. (2000). Training the interdisciplinary team in primary care. National Academies of Practice Forum: Issues in Interdisciplinary Care (NAPF).
- BS (Nursing), 1969, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- MS, 1972, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- PhD, 1980, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI