Giving: Join the USF Diabetes Center Family
The Diabetes Center at USF Health is bringing together the best elements of patient care, education and research. The Center is well on its way to becoming an international leader in the fight against diabetes.
Construction is almost complete in our new Center inside the Carol and Frank Morsani Center for Advanced Health Care at the main USF Health Complex in Tampa. Completed in Summer of 2011, patients will be able to see the nation’s top diabetes specialists and receive care based on the best and latest research in the field. The Center will be at the forefront of fighting one of the 21st Century’s most insidious diseases.
- Identifying people of elevated risk
- Interventions for the prevention or delay of Type 1 diabetes in adults and children
- Treatments for people who are newly diagnosed
- New treatments for type 2 diabetes in kids
- Identifying new technologies that lead to better diabetes management
Make history with us as we bring the first diabetes clinical research center to Tampa Bay by joining our “Founding Families”!
We are seeking families who will:
- Lend support to help build the Center and its programs
- Provide feedback on programs that we will be offering
- Advocate for the advancement of diabetes care and research
- Actively participate in the pursuit of a cure
Diabetes Center’s efforts to treat and ultimately eradicate diabetes. We value your partnership in our pursuit of hope, healing and overall health for people with diabetes. Your donation will have a dramatic impact on our ability to successfully address the above challenges. We need your support to purchase research/lab equipment; build research, exam and education space; hire research personnel and scientists; and to continue conduct studies are that vital to our continued efforts to find a cure for diabetes.
For more information, please contact Meredith Chapin at (813) 974-4837. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the Diabetes Center [.pdf]