Diabetes Education Classes
Diabetes Self-Management Education
The USF Diabetes Center education program is an American Diabetes Association accredited program designed tot help you learn how to take charge of your diabetes. We offer a variety of group and individual education classes for patients and their families:
- Diabetes Self-Management Education (Type 1 Diabetes)
- Diabetes Self-Management Education (Type 2 Diabetes)
- Exploring Insulin Pumps (Offered in English and Spanish)
- Insulin Pump Fundamentals
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM)
How Do I Sign Up for a Class?
Call the USF Scheduling Department at (813) 974-2201.
For questions and further information about the program, please call the Diabetes Center at (813) 396-2580.
Are Classes Covered by Insurance?
Yes! Most insurance plans reimburse for diabetes education. Please provide this Education Referral Form to your doctor or nurse practitioner prior to signing up for a class.