Brian Park, MD
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Surgery
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Vascular Surgery
Assistant Professor of Surgery, Vascular Surgery, The University of South Florida
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33601
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
View My C.V.
- MD, Medicine, Drexel University, 2004
- BA, Biology, The University of Pennsylvania, 1999
"It is my objective to continue to provide cutting edge endovascular and open vascular reconstructions to my patients to continue breakthrough clinical research and to help train the next generation of leaders in surgery"
- Clinical outcomes research focusing on carotid occlusive disease abdominal aortic aneurysms and peripheral vascular occlusive disease with a focus on identifying risk factors that predict for adverse outcomes
- Kirsten Dansey BS; Lee Stratton BS; and Brian Park MD. Staphylococcus hominis carotid artery infection with septic embolization. Journal of Vascular Surgery Cases. 1: 81-83, 2015.
- Park BD, Azefor N, Huang CC, Ricotta JJ. Trends in treatment of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm: impact of endovascular repair and implications for future care. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 216(4) : 745-54; discussion 754-5, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23521956
- Park BD, Azefor NM, Huang CC, Ricotta JJ. Elective Endovascular Aneurysm Repair in the Elderly: Trends and Outcomes from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample. Annals of vascular surgery. , 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24189191
- St Louis M, Park BD, Dahn M, Bozeman P. Cerebral intolerance during flow arrested carotid angioplasty. Vascular and endovascular surgery. 46(1) : 85-8, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22156156
- Brian Park MD; Phong Dargon MD; Christopher Binette MD; Thomas Divinigraia MD; Michael Dahn MD PhD; and James Menzoian MD. Obesity is not an independent risk factor for adverse perioperative and long term clinical outcomes following open AAA repair or EVAR. Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 45: 607-613, 2011.
- Tie G, Yan J, Yang Y, Park BD, Messina JA, Raffai RL, Nowicki PT, Messina LM. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein induces apoptosis in endothelial progenitor cells by inactivating the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway. Journal of vascular research. 47(6) : 519-30, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20431300
- Park B Hoffman A Yang Y Yan J Guodong T Bagshahi H and Messina LM. The mechanisms by which endothelial nitric oxide synthase affects early and late collateral artery adaptation and blood flow recovery after induction of severe limb ischemia The Journal of Vascular Surgery. 51(1) : 165-173, 2010.
- Jinglian Yan Guodong Tie Brian Park Yagai Yan Philip T, Nowicki Louis M, Messin. Recovery from hind limb ischemia is less effective in type 2 than in type 1 diabetic mice: Roles of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and endothelial progenitor cells The Journal of Vascular Surgery. 50(6) : 1412-1422, 2009.
- Park BD, Divinagracia T, Madej O, McPhelimy C, Piccirillo B, Dahn MS, Ruby S, Menzoian JO. Predictors of clinically significant postprocedural hypotension after carotid endarterectomy and carotid angioplasty with stenting. Journal of vascular surgery. 50(3) : 526-33, 2009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19700091