David J. Smith, JR., MD
Chair, College of Medicine Plastic Surgery
Professor & Chair, College of Medicine Plastic Surgery
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(813) 974-2413
- MD, Indiana University, Purdue, 1973
"Dr. Smith restarted the Plastic Surgery Program in 2005. He serves as CMO of CAMLS. His focus is to improve resident education and quality of care, incorporating simulation as an important adjunct."
- Inflammation and
- Wound Healing
- American Surgical Association (ASA, 1994 - Present)
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPRS, 1990 - Present)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS, 1989 - Present)
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS, 1989 - Present)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS, 1984 - Present)
- American Burn Association (ABA, 1984 - Present)
- Applebaum MA, Lee TE, Barnes C, Elston JB, Smith DJ. An Interesting Case of a Retrobulbar Cavernous Hemangioma. Eplasty. 16: ic48, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28077986
- Laun J Laun K Muftah M Zimmerman A Elston JB Smith DJ Jr. Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. Eplasty.. 7(16) : ic47, 2016.
- Ching JA, Ching YH, Shivers SC, Karlnoski RA, Payne WG, Smith DJ. An Analysis of Inhalation Injury Diagnostic Methods and Patient Outcomes. Journal of burn care & research : official publication of the American Burn Association. 37(1) : e27-32, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26594867
- Ching JA Smith DJ Jr Payne W Doran C Shah J Chen H. The evaluation of physical exam findings in patients assessed for suspected burn inhalation inury. J Burn Care Res. 36(1) : 197-202, 2015.
- Prather JL, Tummel EK, Patel AB, Smith DJ, Gould LJ. Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Effects of Noncontact Low-Frequency Ultrasound with Standard Care in Healing Split-Thickness Donor Sites. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 221(2) : 309-18, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25868409
- Ching JA Curtis HL Braue JA Kudchadkar R Mendoza T Messina J Cruse CW Harrington M. The impact of neoadjuvant hedgehog inhibitor therapy on the surgical treatment of extensive basal cell carcinoma. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 74: 193-97, 2015.
- Smith DJ Jr. Achieving Efficient Wound Closure With Autologous Skin. Today's Wound Clinic.. : 23-24, 2014.
- Ching JA Troy J Kuykendall L Smith D. Estrogen treatment of acetic acid burns to the vagina, cervix, and perineum: A case report and review of the literature J Burn Care Res. 35(5) : e368-71, 2014.
- Smith DJ Jr. Techniques and Outcomes for Hand Surgery. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 41(3) : 615-623, 2014.
- Hakky T Suber J Baumgarten A Smith D Carrion R. Management of the Adult Buried Penis. Urol List. 11(1) : 3, 2013.
- Smith DJ Karlnoski RA Patel A Cruse CW Brown KS Robson MC. The Treatment of Partial-Thickness Burns with a Hydroconductive Wound Dressing: Clinical and Mechanistic Effects. Surgical Science. 4: 268-72, 2013.
- Ching JA Smith DJ Jr Troy J Kuykendall . Estrogen treatment of acetic burns to the vagina, cervix and perineum: A case report and review of the literature J Burn Care Res.. , 2013.
- Troy J, Karlnoski R, Downes K, Brown KS, Cruse CW, Smith DJ, Payne WG. The Use of EZ Derm® in Partial-Thickness Burns: An Institutional Review of 157 Patients. Eplasty. 13: e14, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23573334
- Patton ML1, Mullins RF, Smith D, Korentager R. An open, prospective, randomized pilot investigation evaluating pain with the use of a soft silicone wound contact layer vs bridal veil and staples on split thickness skin grafts as a primary dressing. J Burn Care Res.. 6(34) : 674-81, 2013.
- Karlnoski R Cruse W Brown KS Sprenker CJ Smith D. USE OF DRAWTEX IN THERMAL INJURIES Wounds.. : 17-18, 2012.
- Hakky TS Suber J Henry G Smith 0 Bradley P Martinez D, Carrion R. Research Article Penile Enhancement Procedures with Simultaneous Penile Prosthesis Placement . Advances in Urology. 2012: article ID 314612, 2012.
- Prince MD, Suber JS, Aya-Ay ML, Cone JD, Greene JN, Smith DJ, Smith PD. Prosthesis salvage in breast reconstruction patients with periprosthetic infection and exposure. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 129(1) : 42-8, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22186499
- Cone JD, Byrum CS, Payne WG, Smith DJ. A novel adjuvant to the resident selection process: the hartman value profile. Eplasty. 12: e27, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22720114
- Ching JA, Smith DJ. Levamisole-induced necrosis of skin, soft tissue, and bone: case report and review of literature. Journal of Burn Care & Research : Official publication of the American Burn Association. 33(1) : e1-5, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22051802
- Ciesla DJ, Cha JY, Smith JS, Llerena LE, Smith DJ. Implementation of an acute care surgery service at an academic trauma center. American Journal of Surgery. 202(6) : 779-85; discussion 785-6, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22137137
- Cone JD, Harrington MA, Kelley SS, Prince MD, Payne WG, Smith DJ. Drug abuse in plastic surgery patients: optimizing detection and minimizing complications. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 127(1) : 445-55, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20871481
- Saleh Mohamed A, ; Elshahat Ahmed; Emara Maher; Hussein Heba; Gould Lisa; Smith David Jr; Awad Mostafa A. Objective Tools to Analyze the Lower Lateral Cartilage in Unilateral Cleft Lip Nasal Deformities Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 22(4) : 1435-1439, 2011.
- Chief Executive Officer (Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS), USF 2013 - 2017)
- Richard G. Connar Endowed Chair (Surgery, USF 2009 - 2017)