About the Program
The SELECT program is much more than an honors program or enhancement of the traditional medical curriculum. Students admitted to SELECT develop leadership skills that will arm them with the knowledge, resources, and network to change the healthcare landscape for the better. These include:
- Making a difference in the lives of patients, peers, community, and hospitals.
- Applying continuous improvement approaches to optimize healthcare quality, patient safety, and efficient use of resources.
- Building resilience to operate efficiently in complex health systems.
- Acquiring tools to become a change catalyst.
- Becoming a driving force for the evolution of healthcare quality.