Minimum criteria for selection of diagnostic radiology residents include
- Passing score on USMLE (or equivalent)
- M.D. degree (or equivalent) prior to matriculation into program
Minimum information that must be provided for an applicant to be considered includes
- Competed ERAS application
- USMLE (or equivalent) score(s)
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians familiar with the applicant's personal traits... and abilities
- Medical school Dean's letter
- Medical school transcripts
The following provide some general guidance as to characteristics of applicants granted interviews
- Most, but not necessarily all applicants granted interviews have USMLE scores of 215 or greater
- Most, but not necessarily all applicants granted interviews rank in the top 1/2 of their graduating medical.school class
All international medical graduates must have: 1) U.S. citizenship, permanent resident status , or a valid J1 visa; 2) a valid ECFMG certificate at the time of application; and 3) one year of clinical training in an ACGME accredited clinical program in the U.S. to be eligible for a residency position in our program. International medical graduates should apply through ERAS.
The Department of Radiology considers each applicant for a residency position on his or her own merits. Personal characteristics deemed desirable in an applicant include demonstrated integrity, good work ethic, and ability to work well with others. Applicants must also have a satisfactory command of the English language and adequate written and verbal communication skills.