General Psychiatry Residency Application Information
Thank you for your interest in our Psychiatry Residency Program. We have an exciting and competitive program that is designed to train physicians for the general practice of psychiatry, either in private or community settings. We also offer opportunities for further specialized training in:
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Addiction Psychiatry
Our application deadline is February 1. We begin interviewing applicants in September and continue through February.
Our recruitment committee meets weekly and evaluates each completed application. There is no specific requirement for USMLE scores but the committee will take scores into consideration as part of the overall application. The committee invites a number of applicants to visit the program for interviews. Invitations are offered to those applicants who are being seriously considered for an available position.
The following is a list of requirements for our PGY-1 program:
- National Resident Match Program number
- Completed Application (through ERAS)
- Personal Statement
- Three current letters of recommendation within the year
- USMLE transcript - (must have passed Step 1, & both parts of Step 2)
- ECFMG certificate (foreign medical school graduates only)
- USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident status or J-1 Visa only
- 6 months of U.S. clinical experience
If you have any questions in regard to your application, please call our office at (813) 974-5926.