USF Health Psychiatry offers compassionate and competent care. We provide a wide range of treatments and, for those who have not responded to standard treatments, we offer a wide range of treatment modalities and clinical trials to improve patient outcomes. We are dedicated to providing the best care for persons with emotional and behavioral disorders while providing the best education for our trainees and next generation leaders in the field.
Services We Offer
- ADD & ADHD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementing Illnesses
- Anxiety Disorders & Traumatic Stress
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement & Grief
- Bipolar Disorder
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Deaf Mental Health Services
- Dialectical Behavioral Social Skills Groups & Therapy (DBT)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- End of Life Care & Communication
- Forensic Services which include, Fitness for Duty, Competency to Stand Trial, Disability Evaluations, Criminal Responsibility, Dangerousness Risk Assessments, Testamentary Capacity Evaluations
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Insomnia & Other Sleep Disorders
- Individual, Group, Family & Marital Therapy
- Learning & Education Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Movement DisordersNeuropsychology Testing
- Neurotherapies Clinic
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- Psychological Testing
- Psychotic Disorders
- Quantative Electrocephalogram (gEEG) & Neurofeedback
- Tourette’s Disorder
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Severe Depression
- Trauma-related Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Social Skills Groups
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation
At A Glance
- The USF Autism Clinic provides excellent clinical care for patients and families affected by autism and related disorders.
- The Mary Louise and Archie Silver Child Development Center is dedicated to expanding knowledge about child and adolescent psychiatric disorders, their detection, treatment, and promoting prevention and healthy development.
- The Higgins Alcohol and Addictions Research Program provides rapid access to information and support combined with outreach and care management for individuals and families suffering from substance-related problems.
- The USF Memory Disorders Clinic offers a multidisciplinary and individualized approach to the diagnosis of persons with memory disorders and related difficulties.
- The USF Neuropsychology Program provides psychological and neuropsychological assessment for the diagnosis and treatment of disorders that affect intellectual, cognitive, academic, personality and emotional state.
- USF Psychiatry Clinic provides clinical care, teaching, and research focusing on mental disorders and treatment techniques.
- The USF Neurotherapies Clinic provides new techniques in the treatment of certain mental health disorders. Neurotherapy utilizes magnetic field or electrical charge to stimulate areas of the brain to assist with symptom improvement.
USF Department of Psychiatry &
3515 E. Fletcher Ave., Tampa, FL 33613
Glenn Currier, M.D.
Professor & Chair, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Neurosciences