Research News & Publications
National Institutes of Health (R01; Linask, Subcontract).
Title: Investigating Early Embryonic Murine Heart using Optical Coherence Tomography.
Collaboration with Dr. &rew Rollins, Case Western Reserve Universty
Suncoast Cardiovascular Research & Education Foundation
Title: Validation of Folate Responsive Genes in Cardiac Development.
Funding was provided by the Suncoast Cardiovascular Research & Education Foundation, founded by Helen Harper Brown.
- The Linask Lab presented a poster at the Weinstein 2011 meeting in Cincinnati. The authors & titles: Lifeng Zhang, Mingda Han, & Kersti K. Linask. Modulation of Wnt/β-Catenin & Phosphatidylinositol Signaling by Lithium & Epigenetic-Related Effects.
- Dr. Kersti K. Linask presented a talk at the 2011 Research Society on Alcoholism meeting in Atlanta, GA, on June 25-29. She was also part of the NIAAA sponsored symposium on "Gene-nutrient interactions in disease development in alcoholics: Folates & retinoids". The talk is entitled: Folate Protection Of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Associated Cardiac Defects By Modulation Of Wnt/Β-Catenin Signaling.
- Serrano, M., Brinez, P., Han, M., Lastra-Vicente, R., & K.K. Linask. 2010. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Cardiac birth defects & prevention with folate. Amer. J. Obst. Gyn. 203(1):75.e7-75.e15. The article was reported in Science Daily.
- Linask, K.L. & Linask, K.K. 2010. Calcium channel blockade in embryonic cardiac progenitor cells disrupts normal cardiac cell differentiation. Stem Cells & Development. (doi:10.1089/scd.2010.0192)
- Linask, K.K. & J.C. Huhta. 2010. Folate protection of congenital heart defects associated with canonical Wnt signaling & epigenetic. Curr. Opin. in Pediatrics. 22:561-566.
- Garita, B. M.W. Jenkins, M. Han, C. Zhou, M. VanAuker, A. M. Rollins, M. Watanabe, J.G. Fujimoto, & K. K. Linask. 2011. Blood Flow Dynamics of One Cardiac Cycle & Relationship to Mechanotransduction & Trabeculation during Heart Looping. Am. J P. Heart Circulatory Physiol. 300(3):H879-891. This article was a featured on Oct News.
An international Patent Application was filed by USF on March 5, 2010 in relation to Dr. Linask's folate research.