Research News & Publications
- 2015 - Named Fellow of American Association for Anatomists. The rank of Fellow is designed to honor members who have demonstrated excellence in science and in their overall contributions to the anatomical sciences. Fellows are considered to be in the top 10% tier of all eligible members.
- 2014 - Patent issued on: Method and Composition for Modulating Canonical Wnt Pathway using folate and inositol.
- 2013-2015 - Invited Editor of Special Research Topics for Frontiers in Physiology on Mechanotransduction and Development of Cardiac Form and Function, Lausanne, Switzerland.Invited to be on Editorial Board of Journals, Journal Annals of Pediatrics and Child Health.
- 2014 - Co-organizer of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum of Disorders Conference in Tallin, Estonia.
Publications - More of our publications are available on PubMed.gov
- Karunamuni, G., Gu, S., Doughman, YH., Peterson, L., Mai, K., McHale, Q. Jenkins, M., Linask,K., Rollins, A., and M.Watanabe. 2013. Ethanol exposure alters early cardiac function in the looping heart: a mechanism for congenital heart defects? Am. J P. Heart Circulatory Physiol. Published 22 November 2013 Vol. no. DOI: 10.1152/ajpheart.00600.2013.
- Neves, A. L; Mathias, L; Wilhm, M.; Leshko, J.; Linask, K. K.; Henriques-Coelho, T.; Areias, J. C.; Huhta, J. C. 2014. Evaluation of Prenatal Risk Factors for Prediction of Outcome in Right Heart Lesions. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2014 Sep;27(14):1431-7. doi: 10.3109/14767058.2013.878695. Epub 2014 Jan 29
- Dube DK, Wang J, Pellenz C, Fan Y, Dube S, Han M, Linask K, Sanger JM, Sanger JW. 2014. Expression of myotilin during chicken development. Anat Record 297(#9): 1585-1595. Work on cover of journal.
- Linask KK, Han M, Bravo-Valenzuela NJM. Changes in vitelline and utero-placental hemodynamics: implications for cardiovascular development. Front Physiol 2014;5:390. eCollection 2014.
- Huhta JC, Linask K. When should we prescribe high-dose folic acid to prevent congenital heart defects? Curr Opin Cardiol 2015;30:125-31.
Patent issued in November 2014 for: Method and Composition for Modulating Canonical Wnt Pathway using folate and inositol