Cardiovascular Research Lab
The lab is primarily interested in early developmental processes leading to normal as well as abnormal vertebrate heart development. Animal models being investigated include both avian (chick and quail) and mouse embryos. Areas investigated specifically include:
- Cell to cell and cell to matrix adhesion-mediated mechanisms regulating embryonic cardiac cell differentiation.
- Morphoregulatory mechanisms underlying embryonic heart looping.
- Growth factor-dependent mechanisms regulating cardiac development.
- Effects of environmental agents on early heart development.
- The early embryonic murine heart using optical coherence tomography (collaboration with Case Western).
- Wound Healing