Jennifer Takagishi, MD
Professor, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
Assistant Medical Director, Pediatrics
Medical Director, Medical Foster Care
Medical Director, Pediatrics
Assistant Medical Director, Pediatrics, Children's Medical Services, Tampa Bay Region
Medical Director, Pediatrics, HealthPark Pediatrics
Medical Director, Medical Foster Care, Children's Medical Services
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 259-8752
View My C.V.
- MD, Medicine, Tufts University School Of Medicine, 1993
- BA, Psychobiology and French, Wellesley College, 1987
"I teach medical students and pediatric residents how to give comprehensive, culturally competent care to children predominantly in lower socioeconomic levels. Many have multiple medical and social needs."
- I have focused on curriculum development in areas such as breastfeeding, business of medicine and advocacy. I have assessed mentorship for faculty development. I have also presented several case reports of interesting clinical scenarios.
- Academic Pediatric Association (Member, 1997 - Present)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (Fellow, 1996 - Present)
- Ogg J, Kozdras D, Montesino M, & Takagishi J. Perceived Mental Health, Behavioral, and Adaptive Needs for Children in Medical Foster Care. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 24(12) : 3610-3622, 2015.
- Weitzman C., Wegner L., Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health, Council on Early Childhood, & Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. Promoting optimal development: screening for behavioral and emotional problems. Pediatrics. 135(2) : 384-95, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25624375
- Szilagyi MA, Rosen DS, Rubin D, Zlotnik S; COUNCIL ON FOSTER CARE ADOPTION AND KINSHIP CARE; COMMITTEE ON ADOLESCENCE; & COUNCIL ON EARLY CHILDHOOD. Health Care Issues for Children and Adolescents in Foster Care and Kinship Care. Pediatrics. 136(4) : e1142-66, 2015.
- COUNCIL ON FOSTER CARE ADOPTION AND KINSHIP CARE; COMMITTEE ON ADOLESCENCE; & COUNCIL ON EARLY CHILDHOOD. Health Care Issues for Children and Adolescents in Foster Care and Kinship Care. Pediatrics. 136(4) : e1131-40, 2015.
- High PC, Klass P, Donoghue E, Glassy D, DelConte B, Earls M, Lieser D, McFadden T, Mendelsohn A, Scholer S, Schulte EE, Takagishi J, Vanderbilt D, & Williams PG. Literacy promotion: an essential component of primary care pediatric practice. Pediatrics. 134(2) : 404-9, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24962987
- Maldonado L & Takagishi J. Four-month-old infant with
intussusception presenting as
altered mental status. SAGE Open Medical Case Reports. 2, 2014.
- Maldonado L & Takagishi J. 2q13 deletion in a young boy with developmental delay, short stature and failure to thrive. Current Topics in Genetics. 5: 19-21, 2012.
- Takagishi J, Dabrow S. Mentorship programs for faculty development in academic general pediatric divisions. International Journal of Pediatrics. 2011: 538616, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22164177
- Gallizzi G, Kaly P, Takagishi J. Lower extremity paralysis in a male preadolescent. Clinical Pediatrics. 47(1) : 86-8, 2008. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18192643
- Takagishi J, Rauen KA, Drumheller T, Kousseff B, Sutcliffe M. Chromosome 3p25 deletion in mother and daughter with minimal phenotypic effect. American Journal of Medical Genetics. Part A. 140(14) : 1587-93, 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16770804
- Takagishi J, Christner J, McCoy R, Dabrow S. Lessons learned from pediatric residents on a community pediatrics rotation. Clinical Pediatrics. 45(3) : 239-44, 2006. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16708136
- Certificate of Very Good Care (Tampa General Hospital - 2013)
- Best Doctors in America (Best Doctor Polling and Research - 2013)