Professor, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
Associate Clinical Professor, Pediatrics, Medicine, University of South Florida
Associate Professor, Child and Family Studies, Florida Mental Health Insititute, University of South Florida College of Medicine
Director, Pediatric Psychology Program, College of Medicine, University of South Florida
- Graduate, University of South Florida, 1996
- Graduate, University of Florida, 1975
Primary Address , 13101 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Tampa, FL 33612
USF Academic Address , 13101 N. Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Tampa, FL 33612
Mail Point , MDC Box 101 , CMS ,
Physical Billing Address , 12901 Bruce B Downs BLVD Tampa, FL 33612
- Behavioral health interventions, medical home model, parent training, behavioral interventions, early childhood development, pediatric sleep disorders, child learning disabilities.
- Early Childhood Behavioral and Mental Health Disorders, including Autism, ADHD, Developmental Delays
- Academic and Behavioral Interventions
- Assessment of Infants and Toddlers
- Parent Training
- Project Evaluation
- Pediatrics-Behavior AND DevelopmentPediatrics-PsychologyPsychiatry-PsychologyPsychology-Pediatrics
- American Psychological Association - Division of Health Psychology (Member, 2009 -
- Florida Psychological Association (Member, 2009 -
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) (Member, 2009 -
- Florida Association of Infant Mental Health (FAIMH) (Appointed board member , 2004 -
- Florida Association of Infant Mental Health (FAIMH) (Secretary, 2005 -
- Florida Association of School Psychologists (FASP) (Research Chair , 2000 -
Mieres, AC.Kirby, RS.Armstrong, KH.Murphy, TK.Grossman, L.
Autism spectrum disorder: an emerging opportunity for physical therapy.
Pediatric physical therapy : the official publication of the Section on Pediatrics of the American Physical Therapy Association. 24(1) : 31-7, 2012.
Salinas, A.Smith, JC.Armstrong, K.
Engaging fathers in behavioral parent training: listening to fathers' voices.
Journal of pediatric nursing. 26(4) : 304-11, 2011.
Agazzi, H.Armstrong, K.Bradley-Klug, KL.
BMI and physical activity among at-risk sixth- and ninth-grade students, Hillsborough County, Florida, 2005-2006.
Preventing chronic disease. 7(3) : A48, 2010.
Armstrong, K., Kohler, W., AND Lilly.
The young and the restless: A pediatricians guide to managing sleep problems.
Contemporary Pediatrics. 3(26) : 28-39, 2009.
Curtiss, H., Armstrong, K., AND Lilly, C.
Positive behavior support and pediatric feeding problems: A case study.
Journal of Early Childhood and Infant Psychology. 4: 94-109, 2008.
Armstrong, K., Cusumano, D., Cohen, R., AND Todd, M.
Literacy training for early childhood providers: Changes in knowledge, beliefs, and instructional practices.
Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education. 29: 297-308, 2008.
Cusumano, D., Armstrong, K., Cohen, R., AND Todd, M.
Indirect impact: How early childhood educator training and coaching impacted that acquisition of literacy skills in preschool students.
Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education. 27: 363, 2007.
Massey, O.T., Boroughs, M., AND Armstrong, K.
School violence interventions in the Safe Schools Healthy Students Initiative: Evaluation of two early intervention programs.
Journal of School Violence. 6: 57-75, 2007.
Armstrong, K., Hornbeck, M., Beam, B., Mack, K., AND Popkave, K.
Development, implementation, and evaluation of a model for supporting caregivers of young children with challenging behavior.
Journal of Early Childhood and Infant Psychology. 2: 51-61, 2006.
Massey, O.T., Armstrong, K., Boroughs, M., AND Henson, K.
Mental health services in schools: A qualitative analysis of challenges to implementation, operation, and sustainability.
Psychology in the Schools. 4(42) : 361-372, 2005.
Boroughs, M., Massey, O.T., AND Armstrong, K.
Socioeconomic status and behavior problems: Addressing the context for school safety.
Journal of School Violence. 4(4) : 31-47, 2005.
Armstrong. K., Massey, O.T., Boroughs, M.
Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative: Pinellas County Schools, FL.
Psychology in the Schools. 5(40) : 489-502, 2003.
Scott, J., Armstrong, K., AND Downes, K.
Teasing and bullying: How pediatricians can help.
Contemporary Pediatrics. 4(20) : 105-120, 2003.
Armstrong, K., Dedrick, R., AND Greenbaum, P.
Factors associated with community adjustment of young adults with serious emotional disturbance: A longitudinal analysis.
Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. 2(11) : 65-76, 2003.
Hernandez, M., Gomez, A., Lipien, L., Greenbaum, P., Armstrong, K., AND Gonzalez, P.
Use of the system of care practice review in the national evaluation: Evaluating practice fidelity to system of care principles.
Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders. 9: 43-52, 2001.