Division Chief, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
Assoc Professor, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
- Fellowship, Pediatric Adolescent Medicine, University of California, 2002
- Residency, Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1999
- Internship, Traditional, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1997
- Medical School, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1995
- Graduate, Harvard University, 1996
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1995
Primary Address , 2 Tampa General Circle , 2nd Floor Tampa, FL 33606
Secondary Address , 13101 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Tampa, FL 33612
USF Academic Address , 2 Tampa General Circle , 5th Floor Tampa, FL 33606
Mail Point , MDC Box 15 ,
Physical Billing Address , 12901 Bruce B Downs BLVD Tampa, FL 33612
- High-risk youth, STIs and HIV/AIDS, menstrual disorders in adolescents, contraception in adolescents. Eating disorders, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, obesity, nutritional management, Type 2 diabetes screening, substance abuse, depression, school difficulties, attention deficit disorders, orthopedic problems, scoliosis, chronic knee pain, chronic back pain, and common sports medicine problems, thyroid disorders, chronic abdominal pain, chronic fatigue, chronic headaches, growth and development issues, pubertal and menstrual developmental evaluation; menstrual disorders including primary and secondary amenorrhea, dysmenorrheal, abnormal uterine bleeding, and polycystic ovary syndrome and other hyperandrogen syndromes. Screening, diagnosis, management, and education of and about STD/STI's and HIV. Pregnancy issues, including testing, options, counseling, and prevention strategies, as well as comprehensive contraceptive care, including emergency contraception.
- HIV prevention and testing, STI testing and care,
- Transition of youth with special health care needs to adult care, Healthy weight in adolescents, Menstrual disorders in adolescents
I believe in a holistic approach to medical care.
- Pediatrics-Adolescent Medicine
Gilliam, PP.Straub, DM.
Prevention with positives: a review of published research, 1998-2008.
The Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care : JANAC. 20(2) : 92-109http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19286122
Straub, DM.Arrington-Sanders, R.Harris, DR.Willard, N.Kapogiannis, B.Emmanuel, P.Futterman, D.Ellen, JM.
Correlates of HIV testing history among urban youth recruited through venue-based testing in 15 US cities.
Sexually transmitted diseases. 38(8) : 691-6, 2011.
Hess, JS.Straub, DM.
Brief report: Preliminary findings from a pilot health care transition education intervention for adolescents and young adults with special health care needs.
Journal of pediatric psychology. 36(2) : 172-8, 2011.
Robbins, TR.Pruitt, JN.Straub, LE.McCoy, ED.Mushinsky, HR.
Transgressive aggression in Sceloporus hybrids confers fitness through advantages in male agonistic encounters.
The Journal of animal ecology. 79(1) : 137-47, 2010.
Sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents.
Advances in pediatrics. 56: 87-106, 2009.
Yanover, T.Thompson, JK.Straub, DM.
An adolescent male with features of EDNOS and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Eating and weight disorders : EWD. 13(2) : e20-4, 2008.
Straub, DM.Pomputius, P.Boyer, CB.Someillan, NS.Perrin, K.
HIV prevention education and testing among youth: is there a correlation?
The Journal of adolescent health : official publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. 41(1) : 105-7, 2007.
Straub, DM.Deeds, BG.Willard, N.Castor, J.Peralta, L.Francisco, VT.Ellen, J.
Partnership selection and formation: a case study of developing adolescent health community-researcher partnerships in fifteen U.S. communities.
The Journal of adolescent health : official publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. 40(6) : 489-98, 2007.