Carina Rodriguez, MD
Assoc Professor, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
College Of Medicine Pediatrics
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Department of Infectious Disease, University of South Florida
Director, Pediatric Tuberculosis Clinic, Hillsborough County Health Department
Associate Professor, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Medicine, University of South Florida
Faculty, Pediatrics, Medicine, Florida/Caribbean AETC
Division Chief, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of South Fl
17 Davis Blvd., Suite 200
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
- MD, University Of Buenos Aires, 1992
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Women & Children's Health
- Vaccine Committee, IMPAACT (Member, 2009 - Present)
- Society For Pediatric Research (Member, 2009 - Present)
- Section on Infectious Disease, American Academy of Pediatrics (Member, 2007 - Present)
- American Society for Microbiology (Member, 2000 - Present)
- Infectious Disease Society of America (Member, 1999 - Present)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (Member, 1999 - Present)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (Member, 2004 - 2006)
- Sociedad Argentina de Pediatria (Member, 1993 - 1999)
- Chenneville, T.Sibille, K.Lujan-Zilbermann, J.Rodriguez, C.Brown, M.Emmanuel, P. Medical decisional capacity among children with HIV. AIDS care. 22(11) : 1359-66, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20686987
- Yin L., Kou Z., Rodriguez, C.A., Hou W., Goodenow M., and Sleasman JW. Antiretroviral therapy restores diversity in T cell receptor V² repertoire of CD4 T cells subpopulations among HIV-1 infected children and adolescents Clinical Vaccine Immunology. , 2009.
- Yin L*, Rodriguez, C.A.*, Hou W, Potter O, Caplan M, Goodenow M, Sleasman J.W. Antiretroviral Therapy Corrects HIV-1 Induced Expansion of CD8+CD45RA+CD27+CD11 abright Activated T cells Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 122: 166-172, 2008.
- Rodriguez, CA.Koch, S.Goodenow, M.Sleasman, JW. Clinical implications of discordant viral and immune outcomes following protease inhibitor containing antiretroviral therapy for HIV-infected children. Immunologic research. 40(3) : 271-86, 2008. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17952387
- Avandhanula V., Rodriguez, C.A., DeVincenzo J., Portner A., Webby R., Ulett G., Adderson E.I. Respiratory viruses augment the adhesion of bacterial pathogens to respiratory epithelium in a viral species-an cell type-dependent manner. Journal of Virology. 80: 1629-1636, 2006.
- Avadhanula V., Rodriguez C.A., Ulett G.C., Adderson E.E. Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae adheres to Intercellular Adhesion Molecule 1 (ICAM-1) on Respiratory Epithelial Cells and Upregulates ICAM-1 Expression. Infection and Immunity. 74: 830-838, 2006.
- Rodriguez, C.A., Atkinson R., Mitchell L., Whitney C.G., Edwards K., Sublett J., Li J., Tiebin L., Hayden R., Chesney, P.J., and Tuomanen E.I. Tolerance to vancomycin in pneumococci: detection with a molecular marker and assessment of clinical impact. Journal of Infectious Diseaese. 190: 1481-1487, 2004.
- Rodriguez, C.A., Avandhanula V., Busher A., Smith A.L., St Geme III J.W., Adderson E.E. Prevalence and distribution of adhesin genes in invasive non-type b encapsulated Haemophilus influenzae. Infection and Immunity. 71: 1635-1642, 2003.
- Member (Society for Pediatric Research - 2010)
- Young Investigator Award (13th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections - 2006)
- McCracken G. Fellowsip Award (Interscience Conference for Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) - 2005)
- Fellow in Training Travel Scholarship Award (American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology - 2005)
- International Outreach Fellowship (St. Jude Children's Reserach Hospital - 2001)
- McCracken G. Fellowsip Award (Interscience Conference for Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) - 2000)
- Distinction for the highest score among Pediatric Resident Candidates (City and Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina - 1993)
- Honor Medical Diploma (University of Buenos Aires. School of Medicine - 1993)
- Undergraduate Grant (Education and Science Department. Madrid, Spain - 1988)