Division Chief, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
Associate Professor, College Of Medicine Pediatrics
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division chief, Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of south Florida
- Fellowship, Pediatric Pulmonary, University of Florida, 1983
- Residency, Pediatrics, USF College of Medicine, 1981
- Residency, Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, 1979
- Internship, Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University, 1978
- Medical School, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1977
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1977
As Division Chief of the Department of Pediatrics program, I also serve as Medical Director for our Cystic Fibrosis Affiliate Center and Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening program. In addition, I serve as the Medical Director for our active Children's Medical Services program. I am active as a Clinical Assistant Course Director for Year I Medical Student education. There are a number of community and quality initiative committees that I serve.
Primary Address , 2 Tampa General Circle , 2nd Floor Tampa, FL 33606
Secondary Address , 13101 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. Tampa, FL 33612
USF Academic Address , 2 Tampa General Circle , 5th Floor Tampa, FL 33606
Mail Point , MDC Box 15 ,
Physical Billing Address , 12901 Bruce B Downs BLVD Tampa, FL 33612
- Chronic lung disease of infancy, Stridor, Abnormal chest imaging in a child, Spirometry and FeNO measurements in asthma and other disorders, Cystic fibrosis, Asthma, Sleep disordered breathing and Apnea, Oxygen dependence, Technology-dependent children, Flexible bronchoscopy, Chronic lung disease in children, Chronic cough.
- Pharmacologic approach to treatment of asthma and cystic fibrosis.
- Asthma education to physicians-in-training
Couluris M, Schnapf BM
How to measure secondhand smoke exposure in a pediatric clinic setting
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 165: 670-672, 2011.
Kim J, Couluris M, Schnapf BM
Kim J, Couluris M, Schnapf BM
ISRN Pulmonology. 2011(Article ID - 409252) : 201, 2011.
Robinson C, Couluris M, Schnapf BM
Juvenile myasthenia gravis: A case report and review
Pediatric On-Call http://www.pediatriconcall.com/fordoctor/casereports/grqavis.asp. , 2010.
e-Medicine (http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1005815-overview. , 2009.
Schnapf, B.Monforte, H.Gilbert-Barness, E.
Clinicopathologic conference: Pulmonary tumor in a thirteen-year-old child.
Fetal and pediatric pathology. 27(3) : 167-74, 2008.
Couluris, M.Schnapf, BM.Gilbert-Barness, E.
Intralobar pulmonary sequestration associated with a congenital pulmonary airway malformation type II.
Fetal and pediatric pathology. 26(5-6) : 207-212, 2007.
Schnapf BM, Bilbert-Barness E, Ackerman J, Pomerance HH
A newborn infant with tachypnea, intercostal retractions, and poor oxygen saturation
Ped Path Molec Med. 19: 73-84, 2000.
Christodoulou, CS.Emmanuel, P.Ray, RA.Good, RA.Schnapf, BM.Cawkwell, GD.
Respiratory distress due to minocycline-induced pulmonary lupus.
Chest. 115(5) : 1471-3, 1999.
Chamarthy, LM.Reinstein, LJ.Schnapf, B.Good, RA.Bahna, SL.
Desensitization to pancreatic enzyme intolerance in a child with cystic fibrosis.
Pediatrics. 102(1) : e13, 1998.
Rolfe, MW, Schnapf BM/
Management of the adult patient with cystic fibrosis
Clin Pulm Med. (2) : 75-87, 1995.
Schnapf, BM.Santeiro, ML.
Beta-agonist inhaler causing hallucinations.
Pediatric emergency care. 10(2) : 87-8, 1994.
Schnapf, BM.Favrot, J.Dodson, S.
Esophageal obstruction in a tracheostomized infant.
Chest. 104(6) : 1909-10, 1993.