Juan Rico, MD
Interim Division Chief, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 250-2262
- MD, Medicine, State University of New York, Downstate, 2006
- BA, Economics, University of Michigan, 1996
"Board Certifified in General Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology: Specializes in the treatment of childhood cancer and non-cancerous blood disorders such as low white blood cells, low platelets, anemias and problems with bleeding/clotting."
- Dr. Juan Rico received his medical degree at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, and completed his pediatric residency at Miami Children’s Hospital. He then returned to New York to complete a fellowship in Pediatric Hematology Oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell. Dr. Rico is an investigator in various clinical trials for children’s cancer, sickle cell, and hemophilia. In addition to investigating new therapies, Dr. Rico is involved in research investigating the care of cancer patients in emergency rooms nationwide as well as quality improvement projects at the Tampa General Hospital Children’s Medical Center that aim to improve existing care for cancer patients and children with blood disorders. He is also actively involved with both medical student and resident education at USF.
- Children's Oncology Group (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Felipe Rico J, Hassane DC, & Guzman ML. Acute myelogenous leukemia stem cells: from Bench to Bedside. Cancer Letters. 338(1) : 4-9, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22713929