What to expect at the genetics appointment
- Detailed review of the medical history and medical records.
- Detailed family history and pedigree drawing.
- Physical examination for pediatric and adult genetic evaluations.
- Discussion of findings and possible diagnosis.
- Genetic testing as appropriate, usually a blood test.
- Follow up appointment to discuss test results.
- Discussion of how condition is inherited, if a diagnosis is established and risk of recurrence as appropriate.
How do I make an appointment?