Carol Lilly, MD, MPH
Division Chief, College of Medicine Pediatrics
Division Chief, General Academic Pediatrics Department of Pediatrics
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics College of Medicine
Assoc Professor, COPH Community & Family Health
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
Medical Director, Child Protection Team, Polk, Hardee, Highlands Counties, Department of Pediatrics
Medical Director, CMS Growth Clinic Department of Pediatrics
2 Tampa General Circle
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(813) 259-8752
- MPH, Public Health, University of South Florida, 1998
- MD, Medicine, Loyola University, 1987
- B.S., Biology, Loyola University of Chicago, 1983
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Areas of interest include: child abuse
- children with special health care needs, developmental and behavioral pediatrics, pediatric under nutrition, and
- professional education.
- Current activities involve:
- 1. Development of Statewide Infant Physical Abuse Prevention Program
- 2. Study of a parent mediated positive behavioral support program for young children with challenging behaviors, training pediatricians to incorporate positive behavioral support strategies into practice
- 3. Impact of Child Abuse on development (risk and resilience factors, interventions)
- 4. The impact of sleep disturbance on behavior and development,
- 5. Mediators of undernutrition in young children
- American Academy of Pediatrics (Member, 1990 - Present)
- American Professional Society for Abused Children (member, 2007 - Present)
- Academic Pediatrics Association (Member, 1998 - Present)
- Florida Chapter Amercian Academy of Pediatrics (member, 1996 - Present)
- Florida Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics (District V Regional Representative, 2002 - 2004)
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society (President, 2001 - 2003)
- Florida Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics (District V Alternate Regional Representative, 2000 - 2002)
- Armstrong, K., PhD, Curtiss, H., M.A., Salinas, A., Lilly, C. M. 7 American Psychological Association International Conference. , 2009.
- Armstrong, K., PhD, NCSP, Kohler, William, MD, Lilly, C. The Young and the Restless: A Pediatrician's Guide to Managing Sleep Problems Contemporary Pediatrics. 26(3) : 28-36, 2009.
- Curtiss, H., Armstrong, K. & Lilly, C. Positive behavior support and pediatric feeding problems: A case study. Journal of Early Childhood and Infant Psychology. 4: 95-109, 2008.
- Jillian L. Williams, Kathleen Armstrong, and Carol M. Lilly. 6 Pediatric Academic Society Meeting. (E-PAS2008: 5795.9.) , 2008.
- Carol M. Lilly, Kyle Popkave, Kathleen Armstrong. 4 Pediatric Academic Society Meeting. (E-PAS2008: 5795.2.) , 2008.
- Lilly, C.M., MD, MPH, Gooden, C.E., MSII, Armstrong, K., PhD. Pediatric Academic Society Abstracts. (E-PAS2008: 5794.4.) , 2008.
- Carol Lilly, Kathleen Armstrong, Heather Curtiss. 3 Pediatric Academic Society Meeting. (E-PAS2007: 6526) , 2007.
- Hauser KW, Lilly CM, Frías JL. Florida health care providers' knowledge of folic acid for the prevention of neural tube defects. Southern medical journal. 97(5) : 437-9, 2004. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15180016
- Hauser, K., MBA, Lilly, C., MD, MPH, Frias, J., MD,. Florida Health Care Provider Knowledge of Folic Acid for the Prevention of Neural Tube Defects Southern Medical Journal. 97(5) : 37-39, 2004.
- Lisa R. Bulkow, MS*, Rosalyn J. Singleton, MD*, , Ruth A. Karron, MD and Lee H. Harrison, MD & the Alaska RSV Study Group: Alaska RSV Study Group: Patricia Martinez, Donna Brown, Carol Lilly, Elizabeth Hughes, and Doris Bonilla, Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corp, Bethel, Alaska; et.al. Risk Factors for Severe Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Among Alaska Native Children PEDIATRICS. 109(2) : 210-216, 2002.
- Lilly, C.M., M.D., MPH, Hauser, K., Jahrsdorfer, C., R.N., Williams, C., M.D., Frias, J., M.D. 1 American College of Preventive Medicine. , 2001.
- Lilly, C.M., M.D., MPH, Hauser, K., Frias, J., M.D. 2 Pediatric Academic Society. , 2001.
- Singleton, RJ., M.D., Peterson, K.M., Berner, J.E.,, Schulte, E., Chiu, K., Lilly, C.M.,M.D., Hughes, E.A., Bulkow, L.R.., Nix, T.L. Hospitalizations for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection in Alaska Native Children Pediatric Infectious Disease J. 14(1): 26-30, 1995.
- Singleton, R.J., M.D., Davidson, N.M., R.N., Desmet, I.J., R.N., Berner, J.E., M.D., Wainwright, R.B., M.D., D. TM. & H., Bulkow L.R., M.S., Lilly, C. M., M.D., Siber, G.R., M.D. Decline of Hemophilus Influenzae Type B Disease in a Region of High Risk: Impact of Passive and Active Immunizations. Pediatric Infectious Disease J. 13(5): 362-367, 1994.
- Fahey, P., M.D., Kirchgessner, C., Lilly, C., Vandrewaarg, C., R.R.T. Survival Rate in Patients with Hematologic Malignancy Requiring Mechanical Ventilation. Respiratory Care. 30(10): 874-875, 1985.
- Division Chief (Child Development Department of Pediatrics College of Medicine, University of South Florida 2001 - 2010)
- Assistant Professor (Department of Pediatrics College of Medicine, University of South Florida 1995 - 2007)
- Medical Director (Hillsborough County Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Project; Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida 1997 - 1999)
- President, Medical Staff (Yukon Kuskokwim Regional Health Corporation, Alaska Native Medical Service 1992 - 1994)
- Best Doctors in America 2010)
- Best Doctors in America (1 - 2002)