Didactic & Research Conferences
The program has a variety of excellent clinical and research oriented scientists. Our A/I training program also includes a substantial number of teaching conferences and frequently these conferences involve invited guest speakers. The scheduled conferences include:
- A/I Clinic Conference - Tuesdays, 7:00 a.m.
Attendees include all Allergy/Immunology faculty members, Fellows, rotating medical students and residents as well as other physicians who are interested in allergy/immunology. Two cases related to allergic or immunologic diseases are selected for in-depth discussion on pathogenesis and clinical management aspects. Input of all faculty and trainees is sought.
- Allergy/Immunology Teleconference - Wednesdays, 7:00 a.m. (A/I Departments of Pediatrics/Internal Medicine)
This conference, from both Internal Medicine and Pediatric departments, consists mainly of didactic, state-of-the-art seminars prepared by the faculty as well as the Fellows on various A/I/R topics. Guest lecturers are frequently invited to speak on topics related to allergy and immunology. The presentations are recorded and available at worldallergy.org. Go to the link under "Allergy and Immunology Lectures at the University of South Florida".
- Immunology Reviews/Case Studies - Fridays, 7:30 a.m.
This conference is designed to provide an intense review of basic immunology for A/I fellows and rotating residents in the training program. Chapters from a leading textbook in immunology are selected, assigned, and presented by the participants in a small group discussion. All participants are required to read the selected material in advance.
- Basic Research Conference - Thursday, 7:00 a.m., Twice per month
This work-in-progress conference is directed more toward basic research in which the trainees, faculty, scientists from the Immunoparameters Laboratory and participants from other departments at ACH rotate in presenting their research projects or critical analyses of major breakthrough scientific papers.
- Allergy/Immunology Clinical Journal Club - Tuesdays, 12: 00 p.m. (alternates with Immunology Reviews/Case Studies)
Participation by Fellows and allergy/immunology faculty. This journal club includes two sessions per month for A/I Fellows to review and critique recent articles, material from a national meeting, or allergy/immunology review courses.
- Pediatric Grand Rounds - Fridays, 12:30 p.m.
This meeting provides Continuing Medical Education for physicians through joint sponsorship between USF and ACH.
- A/I Internal Medicine Conference - Mondays, 7:30 a.m.
This conference is held at the James A. Haley VA Medical Center, USF, Tampa, and is attended by faculty from the Allergy/Immunology Training Program and Fellows during their rotation for cross-training. Fellows actively participate in journal discussions, making presentations of review articles, and book chapters.
- Allergy Reviews - Friday, 12:00 p.m., Once per month
- A/I Morning Report with Pediatric Residents - Monday, 8:00 a.m., Once per month
- USF Pediatric Grand Rounds - Thursdays, 8:00 a.m.