Maya Balakrishnan, MD, CSSBB
Dir. of Quality, FPQC
Dir. Quality & Safety, USF GME
Assoc Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
USF Morsani College of Medicine
1 Tampa General Circle, HMT 450.19
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone:(813) 844-3437
- MBBS, Medicine and Surgery, Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, 2002
"Dr. Balakrishnan is a neonatologist, quality improvement specialist, and clinician educator. Maya's quality improvement research is now focused on neonatal abstinence syndrome, communication, and sepsis."
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Balakrishnan M Jennings A Przystac L Phornphutkul C Tucker R Vohr B Stephens BE Bliss J. Growth and neurodevelopmental outcomes of early high-dose parenteral amino acid intake in very low birth weight infants: A randomized controlled trial Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition.
- Balakrishnan M, Falk-Smith N, Detman LA, Miladinovic B, Sappenfield WM, Curran JS, Ashmeade TL. Promoting teamwork may improve infant care processes during delivery room management: Florida perinatal quality collaborative's approach. Journal of perinatology : official journal of the California Perinatal Association. 37(7) : 886-892, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28406486
- Sebastião YV, Womack LS, López Castillo H, Balakrishnan M, Bruder K, Alitz P, Detman LA, Bronson EA, Curran JS, Sappenfield WM. Hospital Variations in Unexpected Complications Among Term Newborns. Pediatrics. 139(3) , 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28188301
- Balakrishnan M, Raghavan A, Suresh GK. Eliminating Undesirable Variation in Neonatal Practice: Balancing Standardization and Customization. Clinics in perinatology. 44(3) : 529-540, 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28802337
- Chau KT, Nguyen J, Miladinovic B, Lilly CM, Ashmeade TL, Balakrishnan M. Outpatient Management of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome: A Quality Improvement Project. Joint Commission journal on quality and patient safety. 42(11) : 506-515, 2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28266919
- Weathers L Zaritt J Driver K Roberts S Reinhart R Miladinovic B Balakrishnan . Safety, acceptability, and feasibility of auricular acupuncture in neonatal abstinence syndrome: A pilot study Medical Acupuncture. 27(6) : 453-60, 2015.
- Balakrishnan M, Tucker R, Stephens BE, Bliss JM. Blood urea nitrogen and serum bicarbonate in extremely low birth weight infants receiving higher protein intake in the first week after birth. Journal of perinatology : official journal of the California Perinatal Association. 31(8) : 535-9, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21311499