Janet Hess, DrPH
Assistant Professor, College of Medicine Pediatrics
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 259-8604
- DPH, Public Health, University of South Florida, 2014
- MPH, Public Health, University of South Florida, 2004
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Hess JS, Straub DM, Mateus JS, Pelaez-Velez C. Preparing for Transition from Pediatric to Adult Care: Evaluation of a Physician Training Program. Advances in Pediatrics. 62(1) : 137-64, 2015. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26205112
- Hess J, Wood D, & Hohmeister H. Florida health and transition services: Bridging the gap for adolescents and young adults with special health care needs. Florida Family Physician. 61(2) : 6-7, 2012.
- Hess J & Wood D. Beyond childhood: Helping patients with special needs. Florida Medical Magazine. 2: 41-44, 2011.
- Cannell MB, Brumback BA, Bouldin ED, Hess J, Wood DL, Sloyer PJ, Reiss JG, Andresen EM. Age group differences in healthcare access for people with disabilities: are young adults at increased risk? The Journal of Adolescent Health: Official Publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. 49(2) : 219-21, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21783058
- Hess JS, Straub DM. Brief report: Preliminary findings from a pilot health care transition education intervention for adolescents and young adults with special health care needs. Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 36(2) : 172-8, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20926407