Phillip Marty, PHD
Assoc Vice President, Usf Health Office Of Research
Assoc Vp, Usf Health & Prof, Usf Health Office Of Research
Professor, College Of Medicine Internal Medicine
Professor, College Of Medicine Psychiatry And Behavioral Neurosciences
Professor, Coph Community & Family Health
9307 Rockrose Drive
Tampa, FL 33647
Academic Email: PMARTY@health.usf.edu
Academic Phone: (813) 974-5200
View My C.V.
- PHD, Education, University Of Wisconsin, 1980
- PhD, CI/Public Health, Univ of Wisconsin, 1980
"My goal is to provide a balanced approach of excellence to my administrative, instructional, research, and service responsibilities at USF."
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Metabolic Regulation and Disorders
- I have published extensively in the professional literature and presented widely at international and national meetings. I have had international research projects in Latin America, Europe, and Africa. My research in tobacco prevention and control produced some of the early epidemiological data on smokeless tobacco use in youngsters in the US. My research on smokeless tobacco behavior was considered instrumental in the passage of the Congressional Smokeless Tobacco Act of 1986 which eliminated broadcast advertising and introduced health labeling on smokeless tobacco products. I have more than 200 publications in the professional literature, and have helped secure nearly $10 million dollars of extramural funding to support my interests. My recent research involves investigating the role of specific behaviors to disease occurrence and health outcomes of mothers and babies.