Our Vision, Mission, Values & Goals
In alignment with the vision, mission, values & goals of the Morsani College of Medicine (MCOM), we at the MCOM Physician Assistant (PA) Program offer the PA program following tenets:
The MCOM PA Program will strive for national prominence through excellence, professionalism, diversity, timeliness and strategic growth.
The mission of the MCOM PA Program is to provide for the education of the students through the creation of a scholarly environment fostering excellence in the lifelong goals of education and compassionate patient care.
The faculty and staff of the PA Program commit to these values as guides for our decisions and behaviors:
High Standards. In upholding the highest standards we will:
- Demonstrate ethical leadership by example
- Conduct ourselves with integrity, avoiding conflicts of interest
- Hold our work to the highest academic standards
Respect for Individuals. In valuing respect for individuals, we pledge to: In upholding the highest standards we will:
- Treat others with respect and dignity, honoring individual differences
- Promote open communication and listen proactively
- Create a collegial environment based on loyalty to our co-workers
Advancing Knowledge. In expressing our passion for learning, we encourage:
- Exploration of new ideas in our teaching
- The courage to meet challenges and assume risk
- Diverse learning opportunities where creativity thrives
- Interdisciplinary teamwork
Personal Development and Leadership. Recognizing that exceptional quality begins with people, we will create:
- A culture of personal development and professional fulfillment
- A workplace where expectations are matched by our reward system
- An atmosphere where people value the balance between work and family
- A mentor-rich culture where faculty, staff and students can enhance their leadership skills
Commitment to Health. Supporting our fundamental belief in the PA/patient relationship, we are committed to:
- The highest quality medical care for our patients
- Training the next generation of PAs to be capable and compassionate
- Promoting good health and well-being in response to the needs of our community
- Our community partners who help us achieve excellence in all we do
- The MCOM PA Program will deliver the kind of creative and innovative education that produces “practice ready” PAs and instills within them the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the real world challenges of contemporary medicine.
- The MCOM PA Program will advance collaborative learning to contribute to improved preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic outcomes.
- The MCOM PA Program will be welcome membership in a network of institutions, programs and individuals that collaborate to provide innovative, high-quality, compassionate, accessible health care.