Surgical Therapies Offered by USF Urogynecology
When conservative therapies fail to correct your symptoms USF Urogynecology surgeons can perform many types of surgeries to successfully treat your pelvic floor complaints.
For pelvic organ prolapse (Cystocele, rectocele, enterocele, dropped bladder), our surgeons may offer
- Minimally invasive vaginal vault suspensions, including
- Da Vinci(tm) Robotic sacrocolpopexy with/without hysterectomy.
- Da Vinci (tm) Robotic uterosacral suspension with/without hysterectomy.
- Laparoscopic uterosacral suspension with/without hysterectomy.
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy with/without hysterectomy.
- Vaginally performed procedures, including
- Anterior repair, without or with mesh augmentation.
- Posterior repair, without or with mesh augmentation.
- Sacrospinous Ligament Fixation.
- Traditional open Sacrocolpopexy with/without hysterectomy.
For women with severe overactive bladder symptoms, unresponsive to medications and behavioral therapies, we offer
For women with urinary incontinence, we offer
- Vaginally placed sling procedures, for confirmed "Stress type" urinary incontinence
- TVT, and TOT slings.
- Autologous Slings (made from your own tissues) for women who have had prior slings fail or erode through your vagina.
- For women with confirmed "urge" type incontinence, unresponsive to conservative therapy
For women with VesicoVaginal fistulas (abnormal communication between bladder and vagina), we offer
- Da Vinci™ Robotic vesicovaginal fistula repair.
- A Minimally Invasive approach with excellent success rates.
- Transvaginal vesicovaginal fistula repair.
For women with rectovaginal fistulas (abnormal communication between rectum and vagina), we offer
- Transvaginal rectovaginal fistula repair.
For women with Fecal Incontinence related to solid stool, when conservative therapies fail, we offer
- Anal Sphincteroplasty (Success rates are limited, and relief, if obtained, lasts about 5 years for most women).
- Sacral neuromodulation (INTERSTIM) for those women who also have symptoms of overactive bladder.
For women with complications related to mesh based prolapse repair surgery, we offer
- Transvaginal/laparoscopic removal of vaginal mesh, and vaginal wall reconstruction.