Preparation for Procedures
How to prepare & What to expect
- For Urodynamic testing:
- come to your appointment with a comfortably full bladder. You will be asked to urinate once you are brought back.
- if you take any medication for the bladder (such as Detrol, Vesicare, ect.), ask your doctor or nurse for instructions on whether to stop these.
- If you premedicate prior to dental work (i.e., for heart murmur, heart valve problems, joint replacement, etc.,.) please let your physician or nurse know. You will need to be premedicated at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment. If this is not done, it will delay your start time or you may be asked to reschedule.
- There is no sedation used, so you will be able to drive yourself home. You also will be able to resume normal activity when you are finished.
- Remember we are a teaching facility and students and/or resident physicians may be present during your tests.
- If there are any questions regarding these tests, please call our medical team at (813-259-8599). We want you to feel as comfortable as possible and informed of what to expect.