The clinical programs of the department of the obstetrics and gynecology are in two major hospitals. Tampa General Hospital is the primary teaching hospital and houses a new obstetric comprehensive women's center that opened in 2007. This is a 1000-bed private/public hospital. The department has 60 beds plus 22 Labor-Delivery Rooms, 8 Delivery-Operating Rooms, and 10 Recovery Rooms. The oncology service is at Tampa General Hospital and in the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center on the University of South Florida campus. It has 165 beds, twenty-two of which are dedicated to gynecology patients. Clinical activities also occur at some of the local private hospitals.
In 1991, the department opened a new 24,000 square foot comprehensive women's ambulatory health center called "Genesis". This large facility has 30 exam rooms, a fetal testing area with ultrasound and nonstress testing equipment, colposcopy and urogynecology clinics, classrooms and offices.
The Department has 20,000 square feet of academic space for offices, teaching rooms and clinical areas. The USF College of Medicine and Tampa General Hospital libraries have more than 83,000 bound volumes and more than 1,400 journals available.