Rachel Rapkin, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Assistant Professor, OB/GYN, USF Morsani College of Medicine
Investigator, Family Planning, Center for Family Planning Research
Staff Physician, Planned Parenthood, Planned Parenthood of Western Penssylvania
2 Tampa General Circle
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 259-8500
View My C.V.
- MD, Medicine, University Of Miami School Of Medicine, 2007
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Society of Family Planning (Member, 2011 - Present)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Junior Fellow, 2007 - Present)
- Rapkin RB, Achilles SL, Boraas C, Cremer M, Schwarz EB, Chen BA. Self-administered lidocaine gel for intrauterine device insertion in nulliparous women: a randomized controlled trial. Obstetrics and gynecology. 123 Suppl 1: 110S, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24769942
- Schwarz EB, Papic M, Parisi SM, Baldauf E, Rapkin R, Updike G. Routine counseling about intrauterine contraception for women seeking emergency contraception. Contraception. 90(1) : 66-71, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24674042
- Wang NA, Papic M, Parisi SM, Baldauf E, Rapkin R, Schwarz EB. Same-day placement of intrauterine contraception for high-risk women. Obstetrics and gynecology. 123 Suppl 1: 15S, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24770059
- Lee JK, Parisi SM, Baldauf E, Rapkin RB, Updike GM, Schwarz EB. Asking for what she needs? Pregnancy testing or EC? Contraception. 87(6) : 859-63, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23218857
- Shephard JP,Rapkin RB, Zyczynski HM. urethral injury with transobturator midurethral sling. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2(18) : 132-3, 2012.
- Rapkin RB, Creinin MD. The combined oral contraceptive pill containing drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol plus levomefolate calcium. Expert opinion on pharmacotherapy. 12(15) : 2403-10, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21877996
- Rapkin, RB and Creinin MD. When it comes to the morning-after pill, physicians need a wake-up call. OBG Management. 8(23) : 16-24, 2011.
- Clinical Instructor (OB/GYN, University of Pittsburgh 2013 - 2011)
- Counselor, Lab Assistant (Reproduction, Reproductive Health Services 2002 - 2003)