Stuart Hart, MD
Assoc Professor, College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Associate Professor, College of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida
Assistant Professor, College of Engineering, University of South Florida
Medical Director, Tampa Bay Research and Innovation Center (TBRIC), College of Medicine, University of South Florida
Director, USF Center for the Advancement of Minimally-Invasive Pelvic Surgery (CAMPS), College of Medicine, University of South Florida
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 259-8671
View My C.V.
- Master of Science, Entrepreneurship in Applied Technologies, USF, 2013
- MBA, EMBA Candidate, MIT, 2013
- Certificate, Industrial & Management Systems Engineer, USF, 2012
- MD, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Of Maryland-Baltimore, 1997
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- “Development of a computerized laparoscopic hysterectomy simulator”
- “Development and clinical testing of the electronic catheter stethoscope device in detecting urinary tract injuries during gynecologic surgery”
- “Prototyping and preclinical testing of the electronic catheter stethoscope”
- “Creation of a novel technique for ultrasound-guided Interstim lead placement”
- “Creation of a novel technique for sacral neuromodulator lead placement”
- American College of Physician Executives (Member, 2011 - Present)
- International Urogynecologic Association (Member, 2010 - Present)
- American Urogynecologic Society (Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (Member, 2002 - Present)
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow, 2001 - Present)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Fellow, 2001 - Present)
- Onal S, Lai-Yuen S, Bao P, Weitzenfeld S, Greene K, Kedar R, Hart S Assessment of a Semi-Automated Pelvic Floor Measurement Model for the Evaluation of Pelvic Organ Prolapse on MRI. International Urogynecology Journal. , 2014.
- Hart S, Hashemi L, Sobolewski C. Effect of a Disposable Automated Suturing Device on Cost and Operating Room Time in Benign Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Procedures Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons. , 2014.
- Onal S, Lai-Yuen S, Bao P, Weitzenfeld A, Hart S Image based Measurements for Evaluation of Pelvic Organ Prolapse Journal of Biomedical Science and Engineering. 6: 45-55, 2013.
- McCullough M, Decker S, Ford J, Downes K, Hilbelink D, Ordorica R, Hoyte L, Hart S. Third sacral foramina morphometry for sacral neuromodulation. Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.. 19(1) : 23-30, 2013.
- Hart S, Sobolewski C The Benefits of Using Barbed Sutures with Automated Suturing Devices in Gynecologic Endoscopic Surgeries Surgical Technology International XXIII. , 2013.
- McCullough M, Hart S, Gilbert-Barness E, Spellacy W The gynecologist’s role in preventing overdiagnosis of ectopic molar pregnancy: A case report J Reprod. Med. 58: 351-53, 2013.
- Crigler B, Zakaria M, Hart S Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy with Laparoscopic Uterosacral Ligament Suspension for the Treatment of Apical Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgical Technology International XXII. , 2012.
- Bassaly R, McCullough M, Hussamy D, Downes K, Hoyte L, Hart S Technical Preferences of Surgeons Performing a Sacrocolpopexy Procedure. Surgical Technology International XXII. , 2012.
- McCullough M, Hart S. Laparoscopic repair of postcoital vaginal evisceration with intact pelvic organs. Journal of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons. JSLS. 16(1) : 182-183, 2012.
- Hart S The Benefits of Automated Suturing Devices in Gynecologic Endoscopic Surgeries: The Endo Stitch™ and SILS™ Stitch Surgical Technology International XXII. , 2012.
- Zakaria M, Simoes M, Hipol P, Hart S The Transvaginal Specimen Extraction Device: A novel approach to minimally invasive surgery in women Technology and Innovation. 14: 381–385, 2012.
- Sobolewski C, Yeung P, Hart SR Laparoendoscopic Single-Site Surgery in Gynecology. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. 38(4) : 741-55, 2011.
- Rodrigues AA Jr, Bassaly R, McCullough M, Terwilliger HL, Hart S, Downes K, Hoyte L. Levator ani subtended volume: a novel parameter to evaluate levator ani muscle laxity in pelvic organ prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol. : 205, 2011.
- Hart SR, Yeung P, Sobolewski C. Laparo-Endoscopic Single Site Hysterectomy: Tips and Tricks. The Female Patient. 36: 31-39, 2011.
- Bassaly R, Downes K, Hart SR Dietary consumption triggers in Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome patients. Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery. 17(1) : 36-39, 2011.
- Bassaly R, Tidwell N, Bertolino S, Lennox H, Downes K, Hart SR Myofascial pain and pelvic floor dysfunction in patients with interstitial cystitis International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. , 2010.
- Hart SR, Ross S, Rosemurgy A Laparo-Endoscopic Single-Site (LESS) combined cholecystectomy and hysterectomy Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 17(6) : 798-801, 2010.
- Hart SR, Yeung P, Sobolewski C. Laparo-Endoscopic Single Site Hysterectomy
in Gynecologic Surgery. Surgical Technology International XX. : 195-206, 2010.
- Hart SR, Moore RD, Miklos JR, Mattox TF, Kohli N. Incidence of concomitant surgery for pelvic organ prolapse in patients surgically treated for stress urinary incontinence Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 51(7) : 521-24, 2006.
- Hart SR, Weiser EB Abdominal Sacral Colpopexy Mesh Erosion Resulting in a Sinus Tract Formation and Sacral Abscess. Obstet Gynecol. 103: 1037-1040, 2004.
- Gutheil JC, Hart SR, Belani CP, Melera PW, and Hussain A Alterations in Ca2+ Transport ATPase and P-glycoprotein expression can mediate resistance to Thapsigargin Journal of Biological Chemistry. 269: 7976-7981, 1994.
- Assistant Professor (College of Medicine, Dept OB/GYN, USF 2006 - 2013)
- Clinical Assistant Professor (Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine 2003 - 2006)
- Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Consumers’ Research Council of America - 2013)
- 2013 Health Care Hero Award for Health Care Innovation (Tampa Bay Business Journal - 2013)
- Top Obstetrician and Gynecologists (Top Obstetrician and Gynecologists - 2012)
- Excellence in Innovation Award (University of South Florida Office of Research & Innovation - 2012)
- 1st out of 120 technologies for $50K (Cade Museum Prize for Innovation - 2012)
- Who’s Who in American 2012 (Marquis - 2011)
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (? - 2011)
- Florida: Most Recommended Physicians (National Consumers Survey - 2011)
- Top Obstetrician and Gynecologists (Consumers Research Council of America - 2010)
- 1st Place Innovative Technology Challenge (USF Center for Entrepreneurship - 2010)
- National Faculty Award for Excellence in Residency Education (ACOG and CREOG - 2010)
- Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists (Consumers’ Research Council of America - 2009)
- Florida Super Doctors (Florida Super Doctors - 2009)
- “2001 SLS Outstanding 2001 Laparoendoscopic Resident Surgeon Achievement Award (Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons - 2001)
- Administrative Chief Resident (Emory University School of Medicine - 2000)
- Wyeth-Ayerst Reporter (ACOG National Meeting - 1999)
- House of Delegates Scholarship (? - 1995)
- Maryland State Senatorial Scholarship (Maryland State - 1995)
- Professional School Scholarship 1995)
- University of MarylandDean's List (Univ of Maryland - 1989)