Lennox Hoyte, MD
Division Director, College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Professor, College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Staff Urogynecologist, Hospital, Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Director, Robotic Surgery, College of Medicine, Tampa General Hospital
Chief Medical Information Officer, College of Medicine, USF
Director, Pelvic Floor Disorders Group, College of Medicine, Tampa General Hospital
Director of the USF Robotic Surgery Training Cente, College of Medicine, USF
Medical Director, Urogynecology service, College of Medicine, Tampa General Hospital
Professor, College of Medicine, Univ of South Florid
Staff Urogynecologist, College of Medicine, Tampa General Hospital
Staff Urogynecologist/Obstetrician, USF, Florida Hospital
Division Chief, FPMRS, College of Medicine OB/GYN, USF
Fellowship Director, FPMRS, College of Medicine, USF
Staff Gynecologist, College of Medicine, Morsani Ambulatory Surgery Center
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 259-8671
View My C.V.
- MD, Medical School, Stanford University, 1995
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- My research is geared to understanding the cause of female pelvic organ prolapse, determining the best therapies for treating the problem, and educating women so that they understand the causes and treatment options for treating their prolapse and incontinence symptoms.
- Finance Committee (Member, 2011 - Present)
- Search Committee (Chief Executive Officer, 2010 - Present)
- Search Committee (Vice President of Research, 2007 - Present)
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (Elected Member, 2005 - Present)
- American Urogynecologic Society (Member, 2001 - Present)
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Member, 2001 - Present)
- Baker-Channing Society (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Massachusetts Medical Society (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Search Committee for Division Director of Urogynecology (Member, 2002 - 2002)
- Diversity Director Search Committee (Member, 2000 - 2000)
- Dean’s Council on Diversity (Member, 1993 - 1993)
- M. McCullough,MD, ME; S. Decker, PhD; J Ford, MSc; K Downes, MPH; R Ordorica, MD; D Hilbelink, PhD; L Hoyte, MD, MSEECS; S Hart, MD Third Sacral Foramina Morphometry for Sacral Neuromodulation. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg.. 19(1) : 23-30, 2013.
- Lennox Hoyte, MD, MSEE, Roshanak Rabbanifard, MD, Jennifer Mezzich, MD, Renee Bassaly, DO, and Katheryne Downes, MS MPH. Cost Analysis of Open Versus Robotic-Assisted Sacrocolpopexy. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg.. 18(6) , 2012.
- Mccullough, M., Valceus, J., Downes, K., Hoyte, L. 'The ureter as a landmark for robotic sacrocolpopexy. Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg.. 3(18) : 162-4, 2012.
- Bassaly, R., McCullough, M., Hussamy, D., Downes, K., Hoyte, L., Hart, S. Technical Preferences of Surgeons Performing a Sacrocolpopexy Procedure. Surg Technol Int. , 2012.
- Hoyte L, Ye W, Brubaker L, Fielding JR, Lockhart ME, Heilbrun ME, Brown MB, Warfield SK, Segmentations of MRI images of the female pelvic floor: a study of inter- and intra-reader reliability. J Magn Reson Imaging. 3(33) : 684-91, 2011.
- Rodrigues, A., Bassaly, R., McCullough, M., Terwilliger, L., Hart, S., Downes, K., Hoyte, L. Levator ani subtended volume: a novel parameter to evaluate levator ani muscle laxity in pelvic organ prolapse. Am J. Obstet Gynecol. , 2011.
- Hoyte, L. Prolapse Repair. Published MWP Media. , 2011.
- Bassaly R, Tidwell N, Bertolino S, Hoyte L, Downes K, Hart S. Myofascial pain and pelvic floor dysfunction in patients with interstitial cystitis. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. , 2010.
- Bassaly R, Hoyte L Women's health. Constipation: diagnosis and management ACP medicine. , 2010.
- Hoyte, L., A.Shashoua Robotic Hysterectomy Published MWP Media. , 2010.
- Hoyte L, Brubaker L, Fielding JR, Lockhart ME, Heilbrun ME, Salomon CG, Ye W, Brown MB; Pelvic Floor Disorders Network Measurements from image-based three dimensional pelvic floor reconstruction: a study of inter- and intraobserver reliability. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2(30) : 344-50, 2009.
- Hoyte L, Versi E, “The lower urinary tract in menopause: contributions of aging and estrogen deficiency”; “The management of the menopause: The millennium review 2000”,. , 2008.
- Hoyte L MRI anatomy of the female pelvic floor Pelvic Floor Ultrasound. (1) , 2008.
- Shah AD, Massagli MP, Kohli N, Rajan SS, Braaten KP, Hoyte L A reliable, valid instrument to assess patient knowledge about urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct.. 9(19) : 1283-9, 2008.
- Hoyte L, Damaser MS, Warfield SK, Chukkapalli G, Majumdar A, Choi DJ, Trivedi A, Krysl P. Quantity and distribution of levator ani stretch during simulated vaginal childbirth Am J. Obstet Gynecol. 2(199) : 198, 2008.
- Shah AD, Shott S, Kohli N, Wu JM, Catlin S, Hoyte L Do racial differences in knowledge about urogynecologic issues exist? Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 10(19) : 1371-8, 2008.
- Shah AD, Kohli N, Rajan SS, Hoyte L. The age distribution, rates, and types of surgery for stress urinary incontinence in the USA. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 1(19) : 89-96, 2007.
- Shah AD, Kohli N, Rajan SS, Hoyte L The age distribution, rates, and types of surgeryfor pelvic organ prolapse in the USA. Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. , 2007.
- Hoyte L, Damasser M. Magnetic Resonance-Based Female Pelvic Anatomy as Relevant for Maternal Childbirth Injury Simulations. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. (110) : 361-376, 2007.
- Shobeiri SA, Chesson RR. West EC, Shott S, Hoyte L, “A Pilot Study of Extracorporeal Magnetic Stimulation of the Pelvic Floor for the Treatment of Women With Fecal Incontinence and Underactive Pelvic Floor Muscles”. Journal of Pelvic Medicine & Surgery.. 1(13) : 19-26, 2007.
- Shah AD, Kohli N, Rajan SS, Hoyte L Racial characteristics of women undergoing surgery for pelvic organ prolapse in the United States Am J. Obstet Gynecol. 1(197) : 70-78, 2007.
- Shobeiri SA, Chesson RR. West EC, Shott S, Hoyte L, “Racial Differences in Pelvic Floor Muscle Thickness in Asymptomatic Nulliparas as Seen on MRI Based 3-D Color Thickness Mapping”. Am J. Obstet Gynecol. (197) : 625, 2007.
- Hoyte L Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs - Drugs to Treat Overactive Bladder www.comsumerreports.com. , 2006.
- Hoyte L, Magnetic Resonance Imaging and the Pelvic floor. Textbook of Female Urology and Urogynecology. (2) , 2006.
- Hoyte, L. Injury-free vaginal surgery: Case-based protective tactics OBG Management. 18(11) , 2006.
- Hoyte L, Thomas J, Foster RT, Shott S., Jakab M, Weidner A Racial differences in pelvic geometry among asymptomatic nulliparas as seen on three dimensional Magnetic Resonance Images. Am J. Obstet Gynecol. (193) : 2035-40, 2005.
- Hoyte L, Jakab M, Warfield S, Shott S, Flesh G, Fielding JR. Levator ani thickness variations in symptomatic and asymptomatic women using MR-based 3D color mapping Am J. Obstet Gynecol. (191) : 856-861, 2004.
- Jaume S, Ferrant M, Macq B, Hoyte L , Fielding JR, Schreyer A, Kikinis R, Warfield S, Tumor Detection in the Bladder Wall with a Measurement of Abnormal Thickness in CT Scans. IEEE TRANS BIOMED ENG. (50) : 383-390, 2003.
- Singh, K Jakab M, Reid WMN, Berger LA, Hoyte L. Three-dimensional MRI assessment of Levator ani morphology in different grades of prolapse. Am J Obstet Gynecol. (188) : 910-5, 2003.
- Fielding JR, Hoyte L, Okon SA, Schreyer A, Lee J, Zou K, Warfield S, Richie J, Loughlin KR, O’Leary MP, Doyle CK, Kikinis R Virtual cystoscopy with color mapping of bladder wall thickness for tumor detection. J Urol.. (167) : 559-562, 2002.
- Hoyte L, Versi E “MRI and the Pelvic Floor”. “The Pelvic Floor, Its function and disorders”. : 466-76, 2001.
- Hundley A, Fielding J, Hoyte L Double Cervix and Vagina with Septate Uterus: An Uncommon Müllerian Malformation. Obstet Gynecol. 2(98) : 982-5, 2001.
- Hoyte L, Schierlitz L, Zou K, Flesh G, Fielding JR. Two and 3 dimensional MRI comparison of Levator Ani structure, volume and integrity in women with stress incontinence and prolapse. Am J. Obstet Gynecol. (185) : 11-19, 2001.
- Hoyte L, Fielding JR, Versi E, Mamisch C, Kolvenbach C, Dumanli H, Kikinis R MR-Based three-dimensional modeling of Levator Ani: First studies of muscle volume and geometry in living women with normal GU function, prolapse, and genuine stress incontinence. Arch Esp Urol. (54) : 532-539, 2001.
- Hoyte L, Ratiu P. Linear measurements in two dimensional pelvic floor imaging: The impact of slice tilt angles on measurement reproducibility. Am J. Obstet Gynecol. (185) : 537-544, 2001.
- Norwitz ER, Hoyte LPJ, Jenkins K, van der Velde M, Ratiu P, Rodriguez-Thompson D, Wilkins-Haug L, Tempany CMC, Fishman SJ Conjoined twins with twin reversed arterial perfusion sequence: A novel technique for antenatal surgical planning. N Engl J Med. (343) : 399-402, 2000.
- Fielding JR, Hoyte L, Schierlitz L, “MR imaging of pelvic floor relaxation”. J Womens Imaging. 2: 82-87, 2000.
- Hoyte L, Lu K, Muto M, Nucci M, Versi E, Kikinis R, Fielding JR. Magnetic Resonance Imaging based three dimensional modeling of a complex vulvar tumor as a component of presurgical planning. J Women's Imaging. (2) : 138-140, 2000.
- Associate Professor (College of Medicine OB/GYN, USF 2006 - 2012)
- Senior Clinical Investigator (Surgical Planning Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital 2005 - 2006)
- Associate Urogynecologist (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard University 2005 - 2006)
- Chief, OB/GYN Practice (Harvard Medical School, Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center 2000 - 2003)
- Senior Clinical Investigator (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School 2000 - 2003)
- Obstetrician/Gynecologist (Hospital, Southern Jamaica Plain Health Center 2000 - 2003)
- Obstetrician/Gynecologist (Hospital, Whittier Street Health Center 1999 - 2002)
- Instructor in Radiology (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School 2000 - 2001)
- Chief, OB/GYN (Harvard Medical School, Whittier Street Health Center 1999 - 2001)
- Research Fellow (Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School 1999 - 2000)
- Principal Engineer (Project Leader, Digital Equipment Corporation 1985 - 1991)
- Microelectronics Design Engineer (Engineer, Prime Computer, Inc 1982 - 1985)
- June Allyson Award, For Outstanding Research in Urogynecology (American Urogynecologic Society: - 1999)
- Elected student body president (Stanford Medical School - 1993)
- Elected to Student Senate (Stanford Medical School - 1991)
- Award for Engineering Excellence (, Digital Equipment Corp. - 1988)
- Distinction, Final Competency Exam (Worcester Polytechnic Institute - 1981)
- Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honors Society - 1980)