Associate Professor, College Of Medicine Obstetrics And Gynecology
Director, Image Based Gynecology Service, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida
- Fellowship, Repro. Endo., University of Illinois Medical School, 1987
- Residency, OB/GYN, Univ. of Illinois Medical School, 1985
- Internship, OB/GYN, University of Illinois Medical School, 1982
- Medical School, University of Michigan Medical School, 1981
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School, 1981
Primary Address , 2 Tampa General Circle , 4th Floor Tampa, FL 33606
USF Academic Address , 2 Tampa General Circle , Room 6051 Tampa, FL 33606
Mail Point , STC 6th Floor ,
Physical Billing Address , 12901 Bruce B Downs BLVD Tampa, FL 33612
- Director of Image Based Gynecology Service
- Pelvic pain, bleeding, pelvic masses, ovarian cancer screening, pediatric gynecologic problems, menopausal problems, post op pelvic complications
- 1991 Developed and presented the technique of Saline Infusion Sonohysterography for evaluation of the uterine cavity. We have trained physicians around the world. This is a painless, cost-effective, highly accurate method of evaluating abnormal uterine bleeding, uterine anomalies, and imaging abnormalities in the uterus.
- Currently studying uterine infection and development of nanodrug delivery with Natasha Cover, PhD candidate in Biomedical Engineering and Nanomedicine program at USF
- Refining sonographic diagnosis of
- +tubal infertility, +abnormal bleeding
- +pelvic pain, +pelvic masses (comparison with serum markers), +effects of new drugs on the uterus and ovaries, +ultrasound guided procedures, +pelvic floor prolapse with urinary or bowel problems, +post-operative complications in the pelvis after urogynecologic, gynecologic and pelvic cancer surgery
As long as we focus primarily on what is good for our patient's health and well-being, we will provide optimum care. Doctors are nothing without patients.
Informatics will eventually improve patient care but only if we integrate our data sources and maintain data fidelity.
- GynecologyObstetrics AND Gynecology
Parsons A, Merritt D, Rosen A, Heath H, Siddhanti S, Plouffe Jr, L
Effect of raloxifene on the response to estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophy
Obstetrics AND Gynecology.
Reindollar W, Koltun W, Parsons A, Rosen A, Siddhanti S, Plouffe L
Effects of oral raloxifene on serum estradiol and other markers of estrogenicity
Fertility and Sterility. 78: 469, 2002.
Goldstein RB, Bree RL, Benson CB, Benacerraf BR, Bloss JD, Carlos R, Fleischer AC, Goldstein SR, Hunt RB, Kurman RJ, Kurtz AB, Laing FC, Parsons AK, Smith-Bindman R, Walker J.
Evaluation of the woman with postmenopausal bleeding: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound-Sponsored Consensus conference statement (Review)
JUM. (20) : 1025-36, 2001.
Goldstein S, Scheele W, Rajogopalan S,Wilkie JL, Walsh BW, Parsons AK
A 12-month comparative study of raloxifene, estrogen and placebo on the postmenopausal endometrium
Obstetrics AND Gynecology. (95) : 95-103, 2000.
Warner, EA, Parsons, AK
Screening and early diagnosis of gynecologic cancers
Medical Clinics of North America.. 1(80) : 45-61, 1996.
Yeko, TR, Rao PS, Parsons AK, Mayer JC, Graham LB, Maroulis GB
A trial natriuretic peptide, oestradiol and progesterone in women undergoing spontaneous and gonadotrophin-stimulated ovulatory cycles.
Human Reproduction. (10) : 2872-2874, 1995.
Lotenfoe R, Christie J, Parsons A, Burkett P, Helal M, Lockhart J
Absence of neuropathic pelvic pain and favorable psychological profile in the surgical selection of patients with disabling interstitial cystitis.
J Urology. (154) : 2039-42, 1995.
Becker JL, Widen RH, Mahan CS, Yeko TR, Parsons AK, Spellacy WN
Human peritoneal macrophage and T lymphocyte populations in mild and severe endometriosis.
American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. 3(34) : 179-87, 1995.
Yeko T, Rao PS, Parsons AK, Mayer JC, Graham, LB, Maroulis GB
Atrial naturiuretic peptide, oestradiol and progesterone in women undergoing spontaneous and gonadotrophin-stimulated ovulatory cycles.
. Human Reproduction. 11(10) : 2872-4, 1995.
Becker JL, Widen RH, Mahan CS, Parsons AK, Spellacy WN
Peritoneal macrophage and T Iymphocyte activation in endometriosis.
Am J Reprod Immun. (34) : 179-187, 1995.
Rier SE, Parsons AK, Becker JL
Altered interleukin-6 production by peritoneal leukocytes from patients with endometriosis.
Fertil Steril. (61) : 294-9, 1994.
Ultrasound of the human corpus luteum
Ultrasound Quarterly. (12) : 127-66, 1994.
Yeko TR, Villa A, Parsons AK, Maroulis, GB
Laparoscopic treatment of ectopic pregnancy: residents' learning experience.
J Repro Med. (39) : 854-56, 1994.
Brown HK, Hazelton TR, Parsons AK, Fiorica JV, Berman CG, Silbiger ML
PC-based multiparameter full-color display for tissue segmentation in MRI of adnexal masses.
J Comput Assist Tomogr. 6(17) : 993-1005, 1993.
Gleeson NC, Parsons AK, Hoffman MS, Cavanagh D
Urinary ascites with pelvic urinoma presenting as ovarian neoplasm: clinical and ultrasonographic features
Obstet Gynecol. (82) : 644-646, 1993.
Parsons AK, Lense J
Sonohysterography for endometrial abnormalities: preliminary results
. J Clin Ultrasound. (21) : 87-¬95, 1993.
Rier S, Parsons A, Becker J
Spontaneous production of interleukin 6 by peritoneal leukocytes from patients with pelvic pathology
Am J Reprod Endo. 1-2(29) : 57, 1992.
Yeko TR, Parsons AK, Marshall R, Maroulis GB
Laparoscopic treatment of Muellerian agenesis.
Fertil Steril. (57) : 218-20, 1992.
Maroulis GB, Parsons AK, Yeko TR:
Hydrogynecography: a new technique enables vaginal sonography to visualize pelvic adhesions and other pelvic structures.
Fertil and Steril. (58) : 1073-75,, 1992.
Brown HK, Hazelton TR, Fiorica JV, Parsons AK, Clarke LP, Silbiger ML
Composite and classified color display in MR Imaging of the female pelvis.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging. (10) : 143-154, 1992.
Parsons MT, Parsons AK
Maternal versus fetal rights with an anomalous fetus.
Clinical Consultations in Obstet Gynecol. (2) : 245-52, 1990.
Parsons AK, Sauer MV Parsons MT, Spellacy WN
Appendectomy at cesarean section: a prospective study.
Obstet Gynecol. (68) : 479, 1986.
Sauer MK, Parsons AK, Parsons MT
Hyperparathyroidism in pregnancy with sonographic documentation of a parathyroid adenoma: a case report
. J Reprod Med. (30) : 615, 1985.
Walsh DB, Parsons AK, Strodel WE, Dent TL
Routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: an unnecessary study for obstructive jaundice.
Surg Gynecol Obstet. (160) : 142, 1985.