Anna Parsons, MD
College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Director, Image Based Gynecology Service, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 259-0962
View My C.V.
- MD, University Of Michigan, 1981
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- 1991 Developed and presented the technique of Saline Infusion Sonohysterography for evaluation of the uterine cavity. We have trained physicians around the world. This is a painless, cost-effective, highly accurate method of evaluating abnormal uterine bleeding, uterine anomalies, and imaging abnormalities in the uterus.
- Currently studying uterine infection and development of nanodrug delivery with Natasha Cover, PhD candidate in Biomedical Engineering and Nanomedicine program at USF
- Refining sonographic diagnosis of
- +tubal infertility, +abnormal bleeding
- +pelvic pain, +pelvic masses (comparison with serum markers), +effects of new drugs on the uterus and ovaries, +ultrasound guided procedures, +pelvic floor prolapse with urinary or bowel problems, +post-operative complications in the pelvis after urogynecologic, gynecologic and pelvic cancer surgery
- Parsons A, Merritt D, Rosen A, Heath H, Siddhanti S, Plouffe Jr, L Effect of raloxifene on the response to estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophy Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Cover, NF.Lai-Yuen, S.Parsons, AK.Kumar, A. Synergetic effects of doxycycline-loaded chitosan nanoparticles for improving drug delivery and efficacy. International journal of nanomedicine. 7: 2411-9, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22811601
- Desai, N.Parsons, AK.Holmström, SW. A painful reminder: the patient had sharp abdominal pain and a complicated medical history. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology. 202(4) : 405.e1-2, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19801143
- Parsons, A.Merritt, D.Rosen, A.Heath, H.Siddhanti, S.Plouffe, L. Effect of raloxifene on the response to conjugated estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophy. Obstetrics and gynecology. 101(2) : 346-52, 2003. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12576260
- Parsons, A. Whither the simple ovarian cyst in postmenopausal women? Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 20(2) : 112-6, 2002. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12153659
- Reindollar W, Koltun W, Parsons A, Rosen A, Siddhanti S, Plouffe L Effects of oral raloxifene on serum estradiol and other markers of estrogenicity Fertility and Sterility. 78: 469, 2002.
- Goldstein RB, Bree RL, Benson CB, Benacerraf BR, Bloss JD, Carlos R, Fleischer AC, Goldstein SR, Hunt RB, Kurman RJ, Kurtz AB, Laing FC, Parsons AK, Smith-Bindman R, Walker J. Evaluation of the woman with postmenopausal bleeding: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound-Sponsored Consensus conference statement (Review) JUM. (20) : 1025-36, 2001.
- Goldstein S, Scheele W, Rajogopalan S,Wilkie JL, Walsh BW, Parsons AK A 12-month comparative study of raloxifene, estrogen and placebo on the postmenopausal endometrium Obstetrics & Gynecology. (95) : 95-103, 2000.
- Warner, EA, Parsons, AK Screening and early diagnosis of gynecologic cancers Medical Clinics of North America.. 1(80) : 45-61, 1996.
- Parsons, AK. Regarding the best approach to the pyosalpinx. Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 7(6) : 398-400, 1996. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8807754
- Becker JL, Widen RH, Mahan CS, Parsons AK, Spellacy WN Peritoneal macrophage and T Iymphocyte activation in endometriosis. Am J Reprod Immun. (34) : 179-187, 1995.
- Yeko T, Rao PS, Parsons AK, Mayer JC, Graham, LB, Maroulis GB Atrial naturiuretic peptide, oestradiol and progesterone in women undergoing spontaneous and gonadotrophin-stimulated ovulatory cycles. . Human Reproduction. 11(10) : 2872-4, 1995.
- Becker JL, Widen RH, Mahan CS, Yeko TR, Parsons AK, Spellacy WN Human peritoneal macrophage and T lymphocyte populations in mild and severe endometriosis. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. 3(34) : 179-87, 1995.
- Lotenfoe R, Christie J, Parsons A, Burkett P, Helal M, Lockhart J Absence of neuropathic pelvic pain and favorable psychological profile in the surgical selection of patients with disabling interstitial cystitis. J Urology. (154) : 2039-42, 1995.
- Yeko, TR, Rao PS, Parsons AK, Mayer JC, Graham LB, Maroulis GB A trial natriuretic peptide, oestradiol and progesterone in women undergoing spontaneous and gonadotrophin-stimulated ovulatory cycles. Human Reproduction. (10) : 2872-2874, 1995.
- Rier SE, Parsons AK, Becker JL Altered interleukin-6 production by peritoneal leukocytes from patients with endometriosis. Fertil Steril. (61) : 294-9, 1994.
- Parsons AK Ultrasound of the human corpus luteum Ultrasound Quarterly. (12) : 127-66, 1994.
- Yeko TR, Villa A, Parsons AK, Maroulis, GB Laparoscopic treatment of ectopic pregnancy: residents' learning experience. J Repro Med. (39) : 854-56, 1994.
- Brown HK, Hazelton TR, Parsons AK, Fiorica JV, Berman CG, Silbiger ML PC-based multiparameter full-color display for tissue segmentation in MRI of adnexal masses. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 6(17) : 993-1005, 1993.
- Gleeson NC, Parsons AK, Hoffman MS, Cavanagh D Urinary ascites with pelvic urinoma presenting as ovarian neoplasm: clinical and ultrasonographic features Obstet Gynecol. (82) : 644-646, 1993.
- Parsons AK, Lense J Sonohysterography for endometrial abnormalities: preliminary results . J Clin Ultrasound. (21) : 87-¬95, 1993.
- Brown HK, Hazelton TR, Fiorica JV, Parsons AK, Clarke LP, Silbiger ML Composite and classified color display in MR Imaging of the female pelvis. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. (10) : 143-154, 1992.
- Rier S, Parsons A, Becker J Spontaneous production of interleukin 6 by peritoneal leukocytes from patients with pelvic pathology Am J Reprod Endo. 1-2(29) : 57, 1992.
- Maroulis GB, Parsons AK, Yeko TR: Hydrogynecography: a new technique enables vaginal sonography to visualize pelvic adhesions and other pelvic structures. Fertil and Steril. (58) : 1073-75,, 1992.
- Yeko TR, Parsons AK, Marshall R, Maroulis GB Laparoscopic treatment of Muellerian agenesis. Fertil Steril. (57) : 218-20, 1992.
- Parsons MT, Parsons AK Maternal versus fetal rights with an anomalous fetus. Clinical Consultations in Obstet Gynecol. (2) : 245-52, 1990.
- Parsons AK, Sauer MV Parsons MT, Spellacy WN Appendectomy at cesarean section: a prospective study. Obstet Gynecol. (68) : 479, 1986.
- Sauer MK, Parsons AK, Parsons MT Hyperparathyroidism in pregnancy with sonographic documentation of a parathyroid adenoma: a case report . J Reprod Med. (30) : 615, 1985.
- Walsh DB, Parsons AK, Strodel WE, Dent TL Routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: an unnecessary study for obstructive jaundice. Surg Gynecol Obstet. (160) : 142, 1985.
- Recipient of the Senior Residents’ Ronald Chez Award for Patient Advocacy (University of South Florida - 2002)
- Invited Opponent for Defense of Doctoral thesis by Berit Gull, MD, PhD (University of Göteborg - 2001)
- Chief Residents Award of Appreciation (Ultrasound Instruction - 1999)
- Prize for Best Basic Science Video: The Hydrosalpingeal Cycle (ASRM - 1998)
- Research Fellow Grant (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists - 1986)