Anna Parsons, MD
College Of Medicine Obstetrics & Gynecology
Director, Image Based Gynecology Service, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida
2 Tampa General Circle
Tampa, FL 33606
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 259-0962
View My C.V.
- MD, University Of Michigan, 1981
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Women & Children's Health
- 1991 Developed and presented the technique of Saline Infusion Sonohysterography for evaluation of the uterine cavity. We have trained physicians around the world. This is a painless, cost-effective, highly accurate method of evaluating abnormal uterine bleeding, uterine anomalies, and imaging abnormalities in the uterus.
- Currently studying uterine infection and development of nanodrug delivery with Natasha Cover, PhD candidate in Biomedical Engineering and Nanomedicine program at USF
- Refining sonographic diagnosis of
- +tubal infertility, +abnormal bleeding
- +pelvic pain, +pelvic masses (comparison with serum markers), +effects of new drugs on the uterus and ovaries, +ultrasound guided procedures, +pelvic floor prolapse with urinary or bowel problems, +post-operative complications in the pelvis after urogynecologic, gynecologic and pelvic cancer surgery
- Parsons A, Merritt D, Rosen A, Heath H, Siddhanti S, Plouffe Jr, L. Effect of raloxifene on the response to estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophy Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Cover NF, Lai-Yuen S, Parsons AK, Kumar A. Synergetic effects of doxycycline-loaded chitosan nanoparticles for improving drug delivery and efficacy. International journal of nanomedicine. 7: 2411-9, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22811601
- Desai N, Parsons AK, Holmström SW. A painful reminder: the patient had sharp abdominal pain and a complicated medical history. American journal of obstetrics and gynecology. 202(4) : 405.e1-2, 2010. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19801143
- Parsons A, Merritt D, Rosen A, Heath H, Siddhanti S, Plouffe L. Effect of raloxifene on the response to conjugated estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophy. Obstetrics and gynecology. 101(2) : 346-52, 2003. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12576260
- Parsons A. Whither the simple ovarian cyst in postmenopausal women? Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 20(2) : 112-6, 2002. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12153659
- Reindollar W, Koltun W, Parsons A, Rosen A, Siddhanti S, Plouffe L. Effects of oral raloxifene on serum estradiol and other markers of estrogenicity Fertility and Sterility. 78: 469, 2002.
- Goldstein RB, Bree RL, Benson CB, Benacerraf BR, Bloss JD, Carlos R, Fleischer AC, Goldstein SR, Hunt RB, Kurman RJ, Kurtz AB, Laing FC, Parsons AK, Smith-Bindman R, Walker J. Evaluation of the woman with postmenopausal bleeding: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound-Sponsored Consensus conference statement (Review) JUM. (20) : 1025-36, 2001.
- Goldstein S, Scheele W, Rajogopalan S,Wilkie JL, Walsh BW, Parsons AK. A 12-month comparative study of raloxifene, estrogen and placebo on the postmenopausal endometrium Obstetrics & Gynecology. (95) : 95-103, 2000.
- Warner, EA, Parsons, AK. Screening and early diagnosis of gynecologic cancers Medical Clinics of North America.. 1(80) : 45-61, 1996.
- Parsons AK. Regarding the best approach to the pyosalpinx. Ultrasound in obstetrics & gynecology : the official journal of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 7(6) : 398-400, 1996. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8807754
- Becker JL, Widen RH, Mahan CS, Parsons AK, Spellacy WN. Peritoneal macrophage and T Iymphocyte activation in endometriosis. Am J Reprod Immun. (34) : 179-187, 1995.
- Yeko T, Rao PS, Parsons AK, Mayer JC, Graham, LB, Maroulis GB. Atrial naturiuretic peptide, oestradiol and progesterone in women undergoing spontaneous and gonadotrophin-stimulated ovulatory cycles. . Human Reproduction. 11(10) : 2872-4, 1995.
- Becker JL, Widen RH, Mahan CS, Yeko TR, Parsons AK, Spellacy WN. Human peritoneal macrophage and T lymphocyte populations in mild and severe endometriosis. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology. 3(34) : 179-87, 1995.
- Lotenfoe R, Christie J, Parsons A, Burkett P, Helal M, Lockhart J. Absence of neuropathic pelvic pain and favorable psychological profile in the surgical selection of patients with disabling interstitial cystitis. J Urology. (154) : 2039-42, 1995.
- Yeko, TR, Rao PS, Parsons AK, Mayer JC, Graham LB, Maroulis GB. A trial natriuretic peptide, oestradiol and progesterone in women undergoing spontaneous and gonadotrophin-stimulated ovulatory cycles. Human Reproduction. (10) : 2872-2874, 1995.
- Rier SE, Parsons AK, Becker JL. Altered interleukin-6 production by peritoneal leukocytes from patients with endometriosis. Fertil Steril. (61) : 294-9, 1994.
- Parsons AK. Ultrasound of the human corpus luteum Ultrasound Quarterly. (12) : 127-66, 1994.
- Yeko TR, Villa A, Parsons AK, Maroulis, GB. Laparoscopic treatment of ectopic pregnancy: residents' learning experience. J Repro Med. (39) : 854-56, 1994.
- Brown HK, Hazelton TR, Parsons AK, Fiorica JV, Berman CG, Silbiger ML. PC-based multiparameter full-color display for tissue segmentation in MRI of adnexal masses. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 6(17) : 993-1005, 1993.
- Gleeson NC, Parsons AK, Hoffman MS, Cavanagh D. Urinary ascites with pelvic urinoma presenting as ovarian neoplasm: clinical and ultrasonographic features Obstet Gynecol. (82) : 644-646, 1993.
- Parsons AK, Lense J. Sonohysterography for endometrial abnormalities: preliminary results . J Clin Ultrasound. (21) : 87-¬95, 1993.
- Brown HK, Hazelton TR, Fiorica JV, Parsons AK, Clarke LP, Silbiger ML. Composite and classified color display in MR Imaging of the female pelvis. Magnetic Resonance Imaging. (10) : 143-154, 1992.
- Rier S, Parsons A, Becker J. Spontaneous production of interleukin 6 by peritoneal leukocytes from patients with pelvic pathology Am J Reprod Endo. 1-2(29) : 57, 1992.
- Maroulis GB, Parsons AK, Yeko TR:. Hydrogynecography: a new technique enables vaginal sonography to visualize pelvic adhesions and other pelvic structures. Fertil and Steril. (58) : 1073-75,, 1992.
- Yeko TR, Parsons AK, Marshall R, Maroulis GB. Laparoscopic treatment of Muellerian agenesis. Fertil Steril. (57) : 218-20, 1992.
- Parsons MT, Parsons AK. Maternal versus fetal rights with an anomalous fetus. Clinical Consultations in Obstet Gynecol. (2) : 245-52, 1990.
- Parsons AK, Sauer MV Parsons MT, Spellacy WN. Appendectomy at cesarean section: a prospective study. Obstet Gynecol. (68) : 479, 1986.
- Sauer MK, Parsons AK, Parsons MT. Hyperparathyroidism in pregnancy with sonographic documentation of a parathyroid adenoma: a case report . J Reprod Med. (30) : 615, 1985.
- Walsh DB, Parsons AK, Strodel WE, Dent TL. Routine upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: an unnecessary study for obstructive jaundice. Surg Gynecol Obstet. (160) : 142, 1985.
- Recipient of the Senior Residents’ Ronald Chez Award for Patient Advocacy (University of South Florida - 2002)
- Invited Opponent for Defense of Doctoral thesis by Berit Gull, MD, PhD (University of Göteborg - 2001)
- Chief Residents Award of Appreciation (Ultrasound Instruction - 1999)
- Prize for Best Basic Science Video: The Hydrosalpingeal Cycle (ASRM - 1998)
- Research Fellow Grant (American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists - 1986)