When applying, please understand that you are applying for a four (4) year categorical program. We currently offer three (3) positions per Academic Year. Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) from September 15 through October 15.
Please apply at http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). We are unable to accept telephone, paper, or email applications. Our program participates in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) for selection.
All applications must include:
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores
- 1st attempt passing preferred
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- At least one from a physiatrist
- Personal Statement (No templates)
- Medical School Transcripts (international transcripts must be translated)
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Preferably no "gaps" in training or working since graduation
- 5-year cutoff date from graduating medical school
- We do evaluate each application as a whole; candidates who have graduated more than two years ago should reflect evidence of meaningful, ongoing continuing medical education in their application.
International applicants must meet the following additional requirements:
- Applicants must report scores for USMLE Step 1, USMLE Step 2, and USMLE Step 2CS
- ECFMG certification must be verified.
- Applicants must be eligible for Florida Medical Training Licensure as well as J1 visa sponsorship.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Interviews usually take place between November and December. Applicants that are granted an interview are then ranked and selected through the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
Interviews are held at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital across from the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine. Applicants granted interviews are contacted by the Program Coordinator for details.