The Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center is dedicated to providing cutting edge care to patients with Parkinson's Disease and other Movement Disorders including tremor, dystonia, and restless legs syndrome. Some of the services provided at our center include:
- Expert evaluation and ongoing treatment of movement disorders including Parkinson's Disease, tremor, dystonia, and restless legs syndrome
- Botolinum Toxin injections for patients with dystonia including cervical dystonia, blepharospasm, and hemifacial spasm
- Clinical trials testing new medications and surgeries
- Outreach to communities and support groups for education and connecting with others
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Hauser, Dr. Burke, or Kelly Tehan PA, please call Tara Mcentarffer at 813-396-0751.
What are clinical trials?
Clinical trials are research studies that test how well new approaches work in people. Each study tries to find better ways to prevent, screen for, diagnose, or treat a disease through a controlled, scientific study. It is only through clinical trials that new treatments can be approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Current Parkinson's disease medications and treatments are available because of the patients who previously participated in those clinical trials.
Some benefits to participating in clinical trials are:
- Gain access to new treatments before they are widely available
- Obtain expert medical care at leading health care facilities during the trial
- Help others by contributing to medical research
- You may undergo more frequent evaluations
- The doctors and nurses may get to know you better
Please click here for more information about clinical trials and to see current studies.
If you or a family member is interested in participating in research, please contact our Research Administrator, Sherry Harlan at 813-396-0768 or email her at email@example.com.