Kelly L. Sullivan, Ph.D.
||University of South Florida|
College of Public Health
Epidemiology and Biostatistics
My research examines risk factors for neurologic conditions and evaluates potential new treatments for these conditions. I have over 10 years of experience in the design, management and analysis of studies for conditions including tremor, Parkinson’s disease, and ataxia. In addition, I serve on the Guideline Development Subcommittee for the American Academy of Neurology to develop evidence based guidelines.
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- AAN Movement Disorders Section
- AAN Neuroepidemiology Section
- World Federation of Neurology, Neuroepidemiology Section
- Movement Disorder Society (MDS)
- Society for Epidemiologic Research
- Sullivan KL, Hauser RA, Zesiewicz TA. Essential Tremor: A Review. The Neurologist 2004, 10(5):250-258.
- Zesiewicz TA, Strom JA, Borenstein AR, Hauser RA, Cimino CR, Fontanet H, Cintron C, Staffetti JF, Dunne PB, Sullivan KL. Heart Failure in Parkinson’s Disease: Analysis of the United States Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey, 1997-1999. Parkinsonism & Related Disorders, 10(7):417-420.
- Sullivan KL, Staffetti JF, Hauser RA, Dunne PB, Zesiewicz TA. Tegaserod (Zelnorm) for the Treatment of Constipation in Parkinson’s Disease. Mov Disord 2006;21(1):115-116.
- Zesiewicz TA, Wecker L, Sullivan KL, Merlin LR, Hauser RA. The Controversy Concerning Plasma Homocysteine in Parkinson’s Disease Patients Treated with Levodopa alone or with Entacapone: Effects of Vitamin Status. Journal of Clinical Neuropharmacology, 2006 May-Jun;29(3):106-11.
- Sullivan KL, Ward CL, Hauser RA, Zesiewicz TA. Prevalence and Treatment of Non-Motor Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2007 Dec;13(8):545.
- Zesiewicz TA, Sullivan KL, Arnulf I, Chaudhuri KR, Morgan JC, Gronseth GS, Miyasaki J, Iverson DJ, Weiner WJ; Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Practice Parameter: treatment of nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson disease: report of the Quality Standards Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2010;74(11):924-31.
- Zesiewicz TA, Greenstein PE, Sullivan KL, Wecker L, Miller A, Jahan I, Chen R, Perlman SL. A Randomized Trial of Varenicline (Chantix) for the Treatment of Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 3. Neurology. 2012;78(8):545-550.