David Z. Rose, M.D.
Stroke / Vascular Neurology
Co-Director of the Neurosciences ICU at Tampa General Hospital
||Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Internal Medicine)|
University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital (Neurology)
||Univerisity of Pennsylvania (Stroke / Vascular Neurology)|
• Ischemic Stroke Syndromes that require Tertiary-Level Care
• Informed Consent Review for Clinical Stroke Research involving Incapacitated Patients
• Use of newer oral anticoagulants for Stroke Prevention in Patients with Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation
• Diet impact upon stroke risk, particularly vegetables, fruit, and wine
• Medical Writing, Editing, Mnemonics, and Education
• Platelet Function in Stroke and Body Mass Index
• Informed Consent Review with Incapacitated Patients for Clinical Stroke Research
• Safety/Effectiveness of Lowering Blood Pressure for Acute Hypertension in Intracerebral Hemorrhage
• American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology
• American Board of Internal Medicine
• Stroke / Vascular Neurology
• Neurocritical care
• Info-mas (Spanish TV, affiliated with Bay News 9) – April, 2012: Como Actuar Ante un Derrame Cerebral
• TV appearance (NBC - Sept, 2011): Preventing strokes with fruit and vegetables
Rose DZ , Koch S, Reyes-Iglesias Y, Yavagal DR. Obesity and intracranial in-stent thrombosis. J Neurointerv Surg. 2012 Aug 4
Rose DZ and Kasner SE. Informed Consent: the Rate-Limiting Step in Acute Stroke Trials. Front. Neur. 2:65. 2011 Oct. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2011.00065
Rose DZ, Husain R. "Ostrich Sign" Indicates Bilateral Vertebral Artery Dissection. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2011 Mar 24. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 21440457.
Rose DZ, Parra-Herran C, Petito CK, Post MJ. Restricted Diffusion of Pus in the Subarachnoid Space: MRSA Meningo-Vasculitis and Progressive Brainstem Ischemic Strokes - A Case Report. Case Rep Neurol. 2010 Aug 7;2(2):101-110. PubMed PMID: 21045937; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2968771.
Rose DZ, John BV, Santacruz JF, Harte BJ. Extreme presentation of bony metastatic disease. J Hosp Med/. 2007 Mar;2(2):110-1. PubMed PMID: 17427983.
Rose DZ. Primary progressive aphasia. Cleve Clin J Med. 2007 Jan;74(1):9; author reply 9. PubMed PMID: 17373342.