William Quillen, PT, DPT, PhD, FACSM
Assoc Dean, Dir & Professor, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Director, Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Professor and Director, School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida
Executive Director, Center for Neuromusculoskeletal Research, University of South Florida
12901 North Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
Academic Phone: (813) 974-9863
View My C.V.
- DPT, Physical Therapy, University Of Montana, 2011
- PHD, Sports Medicine, University Of Virginia, 1989
- MPA, Health Services Management, Golden Gate University, 1986
- BS, Physical Therapy, University of Central Arkansas, 1977
- MEd, Developmental & Adapted Physical Educati, University of Missouri, 1974
- BS, Health & Physical Education, Springfield (MA) College, 1973
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Low Back Injury Risk Reduction
- Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Sports Physical Therapy Section, Education Section (-, 2014 - Present)
- Florida Chapter, American Physical Therapy Association (-, 2014 - Present)
- National Athletic Trainer’s Association (-, 2014 - Present)
- American College of Sports Medicine (-, 2014 - Present)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (-, 2014 - Present)
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Lura DJ, Lewandowski AL, Quillen WS, Kim HS Stair Ascent and Ramp Gait Training with the Genium Knee Technol Innov. 15: 349-358, 2014.
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Lura DJ, Dubey RV, Carey SL, Quillen WS and Mengelkoch LJ Short and Mid-Distance Walking and Posturography with a Novel Microprocessor Knee Technol Innov. 15: 359-368, 2014.
- Highsmith MJ, Kahle JT, Miro RM, Lura DJ, Dubey RV, Carey SL, Quillen WS, Mengelkoch LJ Perceived Differences Between the Genium and the C-Leg Microprocessor Prosthetic Knees in Prosthetic-Related Function and Quality of Life Technol Innov. 15: 369-375, 2014.
- Magee D, Zachazewski J and Quillen W Sports Injuries Return to Sport and Related Topics. , 2010.
- Magee D, Zachazewski J and Quillen W Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Treatment of Pathology and Injuries. , 2008.
- Magee D, Zachazewski J and Quillen W Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice. , 2007.
- Tyagi, A (4th Year Med Student) and Quillen WS Youth and Steroids – A Deadly Combination ABC News Web On-Line. , 2007.
- 2005- Professor, Associate Dean, Director (School of Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine 2005 - 2014)
- Rehabilitation Consultant (Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, IUPUI 2003 - 2004)
- Associate Professor and Chairman (Department of Physical Therapy School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Indiana University 1998 - 2004)
- Physical Therapist (Center for Sports Medicine at NIFS, Indiana University 2000 - 2003)
- Physical Therapist II (Sports Medicine Clinic, Department of Pediatric Orthopaedics, Children’s Hospital Medical Center 1996 - 1998)
- Associate Professor and Chair (Department of Physical Therapy, College of Mount St. Joseph 1995 - 1998)
- Assistant Professor (School of Physical Therapy, School of Physical Therapy 1994 - 1995)
- Physical Therapist (Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, Texas Southern University 1994 - 1995)
- Physical Therapist (Adolescent and Sports Medicine Service, Texas Children’s Hospital 1994 - 1995)
- Commissioned Officer (Medical Service Corps, United States Navy 1975 - 1994)
- Assistant Professor (US Army- Baylor University Graduate Program in Physical Therapy, Academy of Health Sciences 1991 - 1994)
- Assistant Director (OT-PT Department, Naval Hospital 1989 - 1991)
- Division Head, Physical Therapy (Physical Therapy, Hospital Ship USNS Comfort (T-AH 20) 1989 - 1991)
- Naval Military Personnel Command (Health & Physical Readiness Division, United States Navy 1984 - 1986)
- Head, Physical Therapy Dept/Assistant Director (Medical Service Corps, US Naval Academy 1979 - 1984)
- Senior Staff Physical Therapist (Medical Service Corps, United States Navy 1977 - 1979)
- Instructor (Department of Physical Education, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Colleg 1974 - 1975)
- Director (Physical Education for the Handicapped, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian College 1974 - 1975)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant (Teacher Training Programs for the Handicapped, University of Missouri 1973 - 1974)
- Finalist (Health Care Heroes, Tampa Business Journal - 2006)
- Recipient (Prestigious External Award Recognition (PEAR) Recipient IUPUI Chancellor’s Academic Honors Convocat - 2003)
- Fellow (American College of Sports Medicine - 2002)
- International Faculty Travel Grant (University Office of International Programs, Faculty Exchange with the University of the Witwatersra - 2002)
- Gertrude Lamb Distinguished Alumni Award (Springfield College, Springfield, MA - 1989)
- Mary McMillan Scholar (American Physical Therapy Association - 1988)
- Joe Finnell Distinguished Alumni Award (University of Central Arkansas, Little Rock, AR - 1982)
- Presidential Scholar (University of Central Arkansas, Little Rock, AR - 1975)
- Graduate Fellow (University of Missouri, Columbia, MO - 1974)
- Magna Cum Laude Graduate (Springfield College, Springfield, MA - 1973)