Graduate Research Assistant, College Of Medicine Molecular Medicine
Byrd Alzheimer's Center
4001 E. Fletcher Avenue, Tampa, FL 33613
Tampa, FL 33613
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 396-0676
View My C.V.
- MS, Medical Science, University of South Florida, 2012
- BS, Biology, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 2010
- - Our lab focuses on the interactions of molecular chaperones with various proteins associated with neurodegenerative disorders. The main focus of the lab is exploring the relationship between the protein Tau and Alzheimer’s Disease, but we have also recently started to explore the relationship between Myocilin and the disease Glaucoma.
- -My project focuses on understanding the relationship between Myocilin and the co-chaperone Grp-94 in the disease Glaucoma. Using novel Grp94 inhibitors, I will look at inhibiting Grp94’s interaction with myocilin leading to clearance from the eye, and a reduction of symptoms associated with Glaucoma.
- Researchers Against Alzheimer's (Member, 2014 - Present)
- ASPET (Member, 2013 - Present)
- Stothert, AR Exploiting the interaction between Grp94 and aggregated myocilin to treat glaucoma. Hum. Mol. Genet.. , 2014.