Graduate Research Assistant, Molecular Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-9711
- MS, Molecular Medicine, University of South Florida, 2011
- B.Sc., Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics, University of Maryland, 2007
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Our lab is a tumor immunology lab that focuses on investigating signaling pathways that contributes to defects in immune responses in pancreatic cancer.
- My project researches the role of the Ikaros transcription factor in regulating effector and regulatory T cell homeostasis in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer.
- Nelson, N.Szekeres, K.Cooper, D.Ghansah, T. Preparation of myeloid derived suppressor cells (MDSC) from naive and pancreatic tumor-bearing mice using flow cytometry and automated magnetic activated cell sorting (AutoMACS). Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE. (64) : e3875, 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22733203
- Pilon-Thomas, S.Nelson, N.Vohra, N.Jerald, M.Pendleton, L.Szekeres, K.Ghansah, T. Murine pancreatic adenocarcinoma dampens SHIP-1 expression and alters MDSC homeostasis and function. PloS one. 6(11) : e27729, 2011. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22132131