Recommended MAC and Windows computer models for MCOM Core MD Program and SELECT MD Program (USF Computer Store pricing):
- Dell Inspiron 15 - $834.99
- Dell Latitude E6430 - $1595.99 (Recommended model)
- Dell Latitude E6530 - $1087.99 (Recommended model)
- MacBook Pro 15” Retina - $1999.00
If a student already has a laptop, or wants to buy a non-Dell machine, these are the minimum specifications:
- Intel Core I3, I5, or I7 family of processors or AMD A8 or A10 series processors
- 2.2 Ghz or higher processor (CPU) speed
- 14” or higher display, with1366 X 768 resolution or higher
- 4 Gigabytes of RAM
- 250 Gigabyte Hard Drive
- Ethernet connection (wired)
- Wireless B/G/N connection
- Compatible HD webcam, minimum of 2MP video conferencing with conferencing software (SELECT MD Program Students only)
- Operating Systems
- PC- Windows 7 or Windows 8 32 bit or 64 bit (64-bit preferred)
- MAC OS X 10.6 or higher
- Microsoft Office*
- PC – Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013
- MAC – Office 2011
- Adobe Acrobat Reader X
- Antivirus software (Symantec is provided free of charge through the USF website with NetID) http://www.usf.edu/it/services/software-and-security-downloads.aspx
- Connectra VPN Client
- Image Scope
- HP LaserJet Pro 200 M251nw Color Printer (or equivalent) – ~$259
- Any Color LaserJet Printer will suffice if other brands are preferred as the computer store may not stock all versions
- Logitech C910
- Logitech C920
- Dell models have 3-year parts and labor, or the 3-year accidental damage coverage warranty. Depending on which option is chosen the price can change, so please make sure you verify which one you are purchasing.
- Systems are subject to change as new models are introduced, but comparable pricing and specs will be maintained throughout the "Back to School" rollout period.
- *Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7 are now available to all MCOM Core and SELECT MD, and DPT students at the USF Computer Store for a deeply discounted price (under $50) due to an agreement negotiated between USF Health IS and the USF Computer Store. Contact USF Health IS through our live chat portal https://livechat.health.usf.edu, via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the phone (813) 974-6288 from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Due to recent software updates from Apple, Mac Mail may not function properly on the USF Health Network at this time, and Microsoft Office 2011 for MAC is the recommended email client on the Apple platform.