Interview Day at USF Morsani College of Medicine
Interview Day Overview
Applicants will be scheduled for an interview day. Interview days provide opportunities to learn more about the curriculum, meet current medical students, interact with faculty, and tour USF MCOM. Interview opportunities are intended to help the Medical Student Selection Committee reach a decision regarding the appropriateness of USF MCOM’s program for your particular needs and goals.
Tips for Interview Day
Interviewees should come prepared to answer questions such as “What made you want to be a doctor?” and “What experiences have helped prepare you for a career in medicine?” Additionally, you are encouraged to ask questions and keep a positive attitude throughout the interview process.
Specific tips for you to review are as follows:
- Arrive early! This is the one day you do not want to be late
- Dress professionally and appropriately
- Maintain eye-contact with your interviewer when answering questions
- Be polite to everyone you encounter during your visit
- Answer the questions honestly
- Ask questions during your interview
- Most importantly….Be yourself