Early Decision for Core and SELECT
Applicants must apply only to USF MCOM with full intentions of attending if accepted. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made no later than October 1. An acceptance means a firm commitment to attend the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine.
Applicants who are not considered for an interview may given consideration for interview during the regular admission cycle. They are also eligible to apply to other medical colleges of their choice.
Applications from students desiring to be considered under this program should apply as an "Early Decision" applicant through AMCAS.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Qualified Early Decision applicants will be evaluated holistically, consistent with the mission of the Morsani College of Medicine. Qualified applicants will have an academic record to indicate an ability to succeed in medical education with the science and non-science GPA demonstrating continuous and sustained academic excellence.
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) must have been taken no later than the spring of the year the student is applying. An Early Decision applicant, for both the Core and SELECT programs, must have an MCAT score of at least 27.
- Students applying for the Early Decision Program must complete the requirements for a bachelor's degree at a regionally accredited US university or college by the time of matriculation. In addition, applicants must complete all prerequisites before August of the year they are to enter medical school.
- The Early Decision deadline for the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) application and all transcripts is August 1 of the year of application. Please view the Admissions Timeline page for more details.
- Both the USF Morsani College of Medicine MD Programs, Core and SELECT, are available for Early Decision. The choice is made during the Secondary Application Submission.