Early Decision for Core and SELECT
Only applicants with full intention to attend if accepted may apply to USF MCOM as Early Decision. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made no later than October 1. An acceptance means a firm commitment to attend the University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine.
Applicants who are not considered for an Early Decision interview may be given consideration for an interview during the regular admission cycle. At that point, the applicant is also eligible to apply to other medical colleges of their choice.
Applicants who desire to be considered under this program should apply as an "Early Decision" applicant through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).
The Early Decision guidelines are as follows:
- Qualified Early Decision applicants will be evaluated holistically, consistent with the mission of the Morsani College of Medicine. Qualified applicants will have an academic record to indicate an ability to succeed in medical education with the science and non-science GPA demonstrating continuous and sustained academic excellence.
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) must have been taken no later than the spring of the year the student is applying. An Early Decision applicant, for both the Core and SELECT programs, must have an MCAT score of at least a 33 on the old MCAT or a 514 (126 minimum in each section) on the new MCAT.
- Students applying for the Early Decision Program must complete the requirements for a bachelor's degree at a regionally accredited US university or college by the time of matriculation. In addition, applicants must complete all prerequisites before August of the year they are to enter medical school. Please view the Academic and MCAT Requirements for Core and SELECT page for more details.
- The Early Decision deadline for the AMCAS application and all transcripts is August 1 of the year of application. Please view the Admissions Timeline page for more details.
- Both the USF Morsani College of Medicine MD Programs, Core and SELECT, are available for Early Decision. The choice is made during the Secondary Application Submission.
Any application that does not meet the above guidelines, will be moved to the general decision application pool and will no longer be considered for Early Decision.