Pre-Medical Student Advising
USF MCOM is committed to enlarging the pool of qualified under-represented minorities and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who are interested in pursuing medicine as a career. We support pre-medical students through a variety of services and programs, such as one-on-one premedical advising sessions. "Pre-med" means you are embarking on a course of study aimed at preparing you for application to a medical school.
Our goal is to provide you with reliable tools, information and support you need to adequately prepare an application for medical school.
Advising/guidance sessions often help pre-medical students:
- Understand the medical school application process
- Identify ways to strengthen their medical school application
- Create a flexible timeline that meets each student's needs
- Identify additional resources to overcome challenging barriers students may face when applying to medical school
- Understand program specific requirements for programs such as PSEP, IMS, or pre-matriculation
- Recognize that there is no "one size fits all" for preparing and applying to medical school
Preparing for medical school can be intimidating, BUT with advanced planning the process can be broken down into manageable step.
Follow this link to contact an advisor with MCOM.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."
- Lao-Tze 604 BC