Pre-Medical Student Advising
USF MCOM is committed to enlarging the pool of qualified under-represented minorities and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who are interested in pursuing medicine as a career. We support pre-medical students through a variety of services and programs, such as one-on-one premedical advising sessions. "Pre-med" means you are embarking on a course of study aimed at preparing you for application to a medical school.
Our goal is to provide you with reliable tools, information and support you need to adequately prepare an application for medical school.
Advising/guidance sessions often help pre-medical students:
- Understand the medical school application process
- Identify ways to strengthen their medical school application
- Create a flexible timeline that meets each student's needs
- Identify additional resources to overcome challenging barriers students may face when applying to medical school
- Understand program specific requirements for programs such as PSEP, IMS, or pre-matriculation
- Recognize that there is no "one size fits all" for preparing and applying to medical school
For advising please email OSDE@health.usf.edu.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tze 604 BC