Mission & Goals
1. To develop an internationally recognized center of excellence devoted to providing interdisciplinary, comprehensive, state-of-the-art diagnosis and therapy for patients with complex esophageal and swallowing disorders.
2. To transmit information gained from patient care and clinical research to students, residents, fellows, practicing physicians, patients, and the lay public via appropriate educational methods.
3. To assume primary responsibility for coordinating and ensuring the most comprehensive interdisciplinary program for management of complex esophageal and swallowing disorders in the United States.
4. To establish a model clinical operation for tertiary and quaternary subspecialty medical care that provide a unique patient consultation service capability that will serve Florida, the Southeast, all areas of the United States, and potentially foreign countries.
5. To acquire knowledge through personal experience and research on complex, uncommon, high-risk esophageal and swallowing disorders that will improve delivery of better specialized medical care while providing a non-competitive service for referring physicians.