Lynette Menezes, PhD
Assoc Professor, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
Assistant Vice President International, USF Health
Assistant Dean International, Morsani College of Medicine
Co-Director, Scholarly Concentration in International Medicine
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone:(813) 844-8037
- PhD, Public Health, University of South Florida, 2003
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- Dr. Menezes research interests include HPV associated cancers particularly among HIV patients in India. She is interested in the epidemiology and transmission of HPV as well as prevention strategies for cervical and anal cancer including screening strategies such as HPV testing and pap smear both among the general population and among HIV patients. She is currently working with Dr. Giuliano from Moffitt Center and other investigators investigating HPV infection among HIV-positive women in India.
- International Papillomavirus Society (Member, 2011 - Present)
- International AIDS Society (Member, 2006 - Present)
- Florida Center for Survivors of Torture and Refugee Services, Gulf Coast Jewish Family Services (Advisory Board Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Public Health Association (Member, 1999 - Present)
- Global Health Council (Member, 2001 - 2012)
- Menezes LJ, Pokharel U, Sudenga SL, Botha MH, Zeier M, Abrahamsen ME, Glashoff RH, Engelbrecht S, Schim van der Loeff MF, van der Laan LE, Kipping S, Taylor D, Giuliano AR. Patterns of prevalent HPV and STI co-infections and associated factors among HIV-negative young Western Cape, South African women: the EVRI trial. Sexually transmitted infections. , 2017. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28490581
- Chenneville T, Menezes L, Kosambiya J, and Baxi . A Case Study of the Resources and Functioning of Two Research Ethics Committees in India Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. , 2016.
- Menezes LJ Poongulali S Tommasino M Lin HY Kumarasamy N Fisher KJ Saravanan S Gheit T Ezhilarasi C Jeeva A Lu B Guiliano A. Prevalence and concordance of human papillomavirus infection at multiple anatomic sites among HIV-infected women from Chennai, India Int J STD AIDS. 27(7) : 543-53, 2016.
- Menezes LJ, Morano JP, Mundra L. Human Papilloma Virus In Global Virology I: Identifying and Investigating Viral Diseases, Springer Publications (P Shapshak, JT Sinnott, C Somboonwit & J Kuhn eds.). : 15-43, 2015.
- Menezes LJ, Jang SE, Ross DJ, Glaser AD, Varghese R. Prevalence and Concordance of Human Papillomavirus Infection at Multiple Anatomic Sites Among HIV-infected Women from Chennai, India Int J STD AIDS OnlineFirst (doi: 10.1177/0956462415587226). , 2015.
- Menezes LJ, Jang SE, Ross DH, Glaser AD, Varghese R. Cervical HPV Infection in Indian Women: Screening and Immunization as Preventive Strategies MGM Journal of Medical Sciences. 1(2) : 75-85, 2014.
- Msukwa G, Batumba M, Drucker M, Menezes L, Ranjit R. Maternal and neonatal risk factors associated with vertical transmission of ophthalmia neonatorum in neonates receiving health care in Blantyre, Malawi Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology. 3(21) : 240-243, 2014.
- Chenneville T, Menezes L, Bylsma LM, Mann A, Kosambiya J, and Baxi R Assessing Institutional Ethics Committees in India Using the IRB-RAT Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. 9(4) : 50–59, 2014.
- Nyitray AG, Lin H, Fulp WJ, Chang M, Menezes L, Lu B, Smith D, Abrahamsen M, Papenfuss M, Gage C, Galindo DM, Giuliano AR. The role of monogamy and duration of heterosexual relationships on human papillomavirus (HPV) transmission J Infect Dis. 7(209) : 1007-15, 2013.
- Pierce-Campbell CM, Menezes LJ, Paskett ED, Guiliano AR. Prevention of Invasive Cervical Cancer in the US: Past, Present, and Future Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 9(21) : 1402-1408, 2012.
- Nyitray AG, Menezes L, Lu B, Lin H, Smith D, Abrahamsen M, Papenfuss M, Gage C, Guiliano AR. Genital Human Papillomavirus (HPV) concordance in Heterosexual Couples J Infect Dis. 2(206) : 202-211, 2012.
- Logan J, Khambaty M, D'Souza K, Menezes L. Cervical Cancer Screening among HIV-infected Women in a Health Department Setting AIDS Patient CARE and STDs. 8(24) : 471-475, 2010.
- Logan JL, Menezes LJ, Zhu Y, D'Souza KM, Kim H, Huang Y, Santayana G. Profile and Trends of HIV-infected Patients Who Use Health Department Services in Hillsborough County, Florida Florida Public health Review. 5: 53-59, 2008.
- Velez A, Menezes L, Crespo A. Kawasaki-like Syndrome Possibly Associated with Immune Reconstitution Inflammatory Syndrom in an HIV Patient The AIDS Reader. 9(16) : 464-466, 2006.
- Member (Alpha Omega Alpha Gama Chapter, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine - 2016)
- Honorable Mention (Global Achievement Administrator Award, USF World, Universit of South Florida - 2016)
- Delta Omega (National Public Health Honor Society - 2007)
- Outstanding Junior Faculty Award (Division of Infectious Disease, College of Medicine, University of South Florida - 2004)