Iset Vera, PhD
Instructor I, College of Medicine Internal Medicine
3720 Spectrum Blvd
Tampa FL 33612
Academic Email: email@example.com
- PhD, Microbiology & Immunology, Yeshiva University, 2010
- MSc, Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2006
- BS, Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 2004
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Allergy, Immunology & Infectious Disease
- – Molecular and cell biology of intracellular pathogens
- – Parasitology/Plasmodium parasite biology
- – Pathogen-host interactions/Pathogenesis
- – Host cell defense mechanisms
- – Microbe virulence mechanisms
- Real E, Rodrigues L, Cabal G, J Enguita, Mancio-Silva L, Mello-Vieira J, Beatty W, Vera IM, et al. Plasmodium UIS3 sequesters host LC3 to avoid elimination by autophagy in hepatocytes Nature Microbiology. 3: 17-25, 2018.
- Mancio-Silva L, Clavic K, Grilo Ruivo MT, Grosso AR, Modrzynska KK, Vera IM et al. Nutrient sensing modulates malaria parasite virulence Nature. 13(5477) : 213-216, 2017.
- Vera I*, Ruivo M*,Sales-Dias J, Meireles P, Gural N, Bhatia S, Mota MM, Mancio-Silva L Host AMPK is a modulator of Plasmodium liver infection. Cell Reports. 16: 2539–2545, 2016.