Podcasts & Resources for Students
In addition to the featured podcasts below, the ID division has its own regularly updated site under the direction of Dr. Richard Oehler, which hosts a broader collection of clinical teachings that contain in-depth content for clinicians & health care professionals. Currently, IDPodcasts.net features 150 multilingual lectures.
- Infections From Pets
- By Richard Oehler, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine.
- Click here to listen to the full podcast: "Infections Acquired From Your Pets."
Travel Medicine For the Clinician
- By John T Sinnott, MD, FACP, James A Cullison Professor of Medicine
- This travel Medicine presentation is geared for USF medical students, post-doctoral fellows, and faculty planning to travel internationally, who are interested in learning how to prepare for medical emergencies. More...
(Requires HSCNET Account)
Medical Student Emergencies: Bacterial Meningitis
- By John F Toney, MD, FACP, Professor of Medicine
- In this podcast, Dr. Toney discusses key clinical characteristics and reviews the vaccine recommendations regarding meningococcal disease. Published in memory of USF student Rachel Futterman, we hope that this information will provide a useful resource for students.
- Large version (15.9MB, Quicktime movie file)
- Small version (6.2MB, MP4 file)
- By Julian Corvin and Kaeley Hamilton
- In this podcast, we discuss Kaeley's experience as a survivor of meningitis, as well as the characteristics of meningitis and methods for preventing this disease.
- Surviving Meningitis Podcast_ Corvin (20 MB, WMV file)