Hesborn Wao, Ph.D
Assistant Professor, College Of Medicine Internal Medicine
College Of Medicine Internal Medicine
Regional Evaluator, Center for HIV Education and Research ,College of Behavioral & Community Sciences, University of South Florida
Assistant professor, Center for Evidence-Based Medicine and Health Outcomes Research, University of South Florida
3515 East Fletcher Ave, MDT1200
Tampa, FL 33612
Academic Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Phone: (813) 974-6849
View My C.V.
- PhD, Curriculum & Instruction, University Of South Florida, 2008
- Ph.D., Measurement and Evaluation, University of South Florida, 2008
- M.Ed, Curriculum & Instruction with emphasis in Measurement & Evaluation, University of south Florida, 2003
- B. Ed., Education (Mathematics major), University of Nairobi, 1997
Interdisciplinary and Emerging Signature Programs
- Florida educational Research Association (Reviewer/Member, 2002 - Present)
- American Educational Research Association (Reviewer/Presenter, 2006 - 2010)
- Mhaskar, RS.Reljic, T.Wao, H.Kumar, A.Miladinovic, B.Djulbegovic, B. Treatment-related harms: what was planned and what was reported? National Cancer Institute's Co-operative group phase III randomized controlled trials: a systematic review. Journal of clinical epidemiology. 67(3) : 354-6, 2014. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24055164
- Wao, H.Beckstead, JW.Beal, J.Aluoch, M.Skipper, TC.Orrick, JJ. Identifying Subgroups of Care Providers Participating in a Telehealth Educational Intervention: Hierarchical Cluster Analysis of Evaluation Data. Journal of the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care. , 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23771871
- Wao, H.Mhaskar, R.Kumar, A.Miladinovic, B.Djulbegovic, B. Survival of patients with non-small cell lung cancer without treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Systematic reviews. 2: 10, 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23379753
- Wao, H. O., Dedrick, R. F. & Ferron, J. M. Quantitizing text: Using theme frequency and theme intensity to describe factors influencing time-to-doctorate Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology. 45(4) : 923-934, 2011.
- Wao, H. Time to the doctorate: Multilevel discrete-time hazard analysis Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability. 3(22) : 227-247, 2010.
- Mhaskar RS, Wao H, Kumar A, Miladinovic B, Djulbegovic B. Role of iron supplementation to erythropoiesis stimulating agents in the management of chemotherapy-induced anemia in cancer patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis Blood. 116(21) : abstr 2055, 2010.
- Aluoch, MA.Wao, HO. Risk factors for occupational osteoarthritis: a literature review. AAOHN journal : official journal of the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses. 57(7) : 283-90; quiz 291-2, 2009. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19639860
- Wao, H.O.; Lee, R.S., & Borman, K.S. CLIMATE FOR RETENTION TO GRADUATION: A MIXED METHODS INVESTIGATION OF STUDENT PERCEPTIONS OF ENGINEERING DEPARTMENTS AND PROGRAMS Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering. 16(4) : 293-317, 2008.
- Statistical Data Analyst (Center for Evidence-Based Medicine and Health Outcomes Research, University of South Florida 2010 - 2011)
- Senior Researcher (Research Department, Juvenile Welfare Board (JWB) 2010 - 2010)
- Visiting Research Associate (Alliance for Applied Research in Education and Anthropology (AAREA), College of Arts & Sciences, University of South Florida 2008 - 2010)
- Research Associate (Institute for Instructional Research and Practice (IIRP), University of South Florida 2002 - 2006)
- Graduate Assistant (Center for Research, Evaluation, Assessment, & Measurement (CREAM), College of Education, University of South Florida 2005 - 2006)
- Graduate Assistant (Department of Measurement and Research, College of Education, University of South Florida 2001 - 2002)
- Distinguished paper award (Florida Educational Research Association - 2009)
- Distinguished paper award (American Educational Research Association - 2008)
- Distinguished presentation award (Theory and Practice of Educational Evaluation Conference - 2004)